Expobar Office Lever - JD Keenan's Review
Posted: February 13, 2015, 9:25pm
Expobar Office Lever Espresso Machine
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Expobar Office Lever has 14 Reviews
Arrow The Expobar Office Lever has been rated 8.90 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 24, 2007.
Arrow Expobar Office Lever reviews have been viewed 105,245 times (updated hourly).

Jan-willem Mensink 9.14
Mark Furlong 8.00
Gene Kriegsmann 7.33
Mr. Dooder 7.20
Patrick Coenen 7.00

Manufacturer: Expobar Quality: 9
Where Bought: WLL Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Awesome espresso machine that fits my needs perfectly.

E61 group
Heat exchange
Separate hot water spout
Boiler and group pressure gauge
No burn steam wand
Large drip tray
Boiler auto fill
Water level sensor
Looks beautiful on my counter

The water reservoir is not visible.

I use the cup warmer so I have to clear the cups off the top in order to get to the water tank. Some day I'll hook up to a water supply.

Once I decided to purchase an espresso machine I spent many hours reading anything I could get my hands on.  I looked at all the usual suspects that people talk about when looking at machines in this price point. Came very close to a Bezzera machine.

I purchased from Whole latte love without any issues.  I found them very helpful answering my questions pre an post purchase. Machine arrived packed extremely well.  It did not take me long to unpack and set it up.  I had watched so many videos on set up and brewing techniques I was able to get right to it. Took me about 6-7 pulls to get get the grind and dose right.  I found the pressure guage very helpful during this process.

Steam wand seems very powerful. I have nothing to compare it to. Steaming milk Has proved to be the biggest challenge.  It has taken about a month for me to get textured milk that looks and tastes similar to my local coffee shop. I can't get anything that resembles latte art.  I don't think this is the machines fault because I am getting better every time.

I had hoped to use the hot water wand to make Americanos. After a month of use I have found the wand better suited  to warm my espresso cups and use a kettle to boil hot water for  Americanos. In my opinion the water tastes a little off. I try to keep fresh water in the boiler.

Everything on my machine works as its suppose to.  Highly polished heavy duty construction. No issues. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased from whole Latte Love.  No issues pre or post purchase. I have called a few times and was able to get my questions answered immediately.  A brass adapter that was suppose to come with the machine was missing. They sent me one out the day I called. The adapter is used for hooking up to a water supply.

Posted: February 13, 2015, 9:25pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2015 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.18306684494)