Elektra Lever Machines - Theodore Awad's Review
Posted: January 7, 2006, 8:28am
Elektra Lever Machines

Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has 19 Reviews
Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has been rated 8.93 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 9, 2003.
Arrow Elektra Lever Machines reviews have been viewed 120,271 times (updated hourly).

Nick Kitchener 9.00
John Manzo 8.83
Bill Way 8.50
Barry Popma 8.20
Gustav Stanowitz 8.00

Manufacturer: Elektra Mini Verticale Semi Automatica Quality: 9
Where Bought: espressocoffeeshop.com Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Professional Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: The Elektra Mini Verticale Semi Automatica released  is as beautiful as the espresso it pumps.Smaller model of the famous "Belle Epoque" upright espresso makers found in Coffee Houses & Cafes throughout Italy & Europe!

This is not the Micro Casa Semiautomatica or the Micro Casa a Leva. THis review is for a Elektra Mini Verticale Semi Automatica

I have the newest version of the Elektra Mini Verticale Semi Automatica released and it is as beautiful as the espresso it pumps. I was at first not convinced of the machine until I went to Italy and saw the machine in action at a small café. It was just pumping them out for a small group of us and it was cool. I even got to drop a few shots. I fell in love with the larger model, the famous 'Belle Epoque' upright espresso makers found in Coffee Houses & Cafes throughout Italy & Europe. This is the smaller version. This machine can be left on all day long although does not have to be. It warms up quickly, and comes to good pressure quickly. Drops great shots, however next time I buy I will go all the way and get the famous 'Belle Epoque'.

Five Negative points:
1) No direct line to water, it has a liter storage container for the water; I knew this before I purchased the model. I did not know however how often I would have to refill the container; thankfully it is in a very convenient spot.
2) The drip plate and reservoir is very poorly set up for cleaning. If you wait to long to empty it is can be a real mess under the machine. Even if you do not wait long it can be a mess under the machine with the angle you have to use in the process.
3) If you get it dirty under the drip plate you have to lift the almost 30 pound machine in a very difficult way to clean under the carved stand. I wish with the direct water line you would also put a waste line on the waste reservoir as well.
4) If the pressure switch is tripped you really need to dig to reset the pump. Once happened and what a pain to resent.
5) I have a small drip on my steam wand in the power on, steam knob off position and stream button off. This keeps me from leaving on all day because of poor drip/waste design and the need to keep empting the waste reservoir.

Elektra Mini Verticale Copper and Brass, Wood Base A1

Truly impressive, the mini Verticale is a coffee machine in the grand tradition. Go back in time with the Elektra Mini Verticale Copper and Brass, Wood Base

Features:

Water level indicator, Brass Eagle, Cup Warmer
Large Capacity - Water capacity of 2 liters, enough for approximately 40 coffees before refilling.
Boiler- The pressure boiler is made from marine quality brass, most domestic machines use aluminum for this component. Brass has excellent heat retention properties and helps ensure extremely consistent results.
Element - The 1000W element is stainless steel and extremely efficient and durable.
Porta filter (Coffee Filter Holder) - Professional quality chromium plated heavy-duty brass with Elektra logo. Handle is in Bakelite or cedar wood (depending on model) for practicality and to further evoke the period feel.
Continuous Steam - The Mini Vertical produces virtually unlimited dry steam for cappuccino and has a particularly efficient steam nozzle for excellent frothing.
Safety Features - Re-settable thermal cutout in case user forgets to refill with water.
Large base Round Base diameter 38 cm for excellent stability. Safety valve.
Hand Crafted Mirror Finishes - All the machines are hand built by craftsmen for the ultimate quality "The Ferrari of Coffee machines"
Pressure - Pump 15 bar pressure at coffee group minimum 9 bar for professional results.
Heavyweight Construction - Weighs 29lbs (13kg) for durability and stability. The coffee group alone weighs 51bs (over 2kg) for excellent heat retention and consistent results.
Care- Removable parts can be hand washed, body cleaned with soft damp doth with mild detergent or vinegar-based window cleaner.
Warranty - One Year

I bought before the Euro went up and got a Great deal at 1500USD from http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/. They had free shipping at the time and it was a short wait because of new shipment of machines from Elektra with new ceramic seal was coming out. They had great customer service. Great people to work with when troubleshooting a problem with the machine, they even faxed me a diagram from Italy and got a translator on the phone to help me work it out. I needed to troubleshoot a flow pressure switch that was depressed in the shipping process and they walked me through the whole process because I wanted immediate use of the machine. They even offered me to send it back for another one. I was very impressed.

Posted: January 7, 2006, 8:28am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198106050491)