Elektra Lever Machines - A1pha Geek's Review
Posted: March 24, 2009, 5:58pm
Elektra Lever Machines

Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has 19 Reviews
Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has been rated 8.93 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 9, 2003.
Arrow Elektra Lever Machines reviews have been viewed 123,070 times (updated hourly).

Nick Kitchener 9.00
John Manzo 8.83
Bill Way 8.50
Barry Popma 8.20
Gustav Stanowitz 8.00

Manufacturer: Elektra Quality: 10
Where Bought: 1st line Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Asceso, several commercial espresso machines
Bottom Line: Gorgeous Machine that makes Heavenly Espresso!

Best hand pulled machine I have used.  Visually it is a true show piece.   Once you get the grind/tamp set it pulls better quality shots than most other machines.  It is a connoisseur dream machine.

1 Guests are intimidate to make their own coffee with it.  2 Parts are hard to come by. I use this machine ALOT.  I burnt out the pressure sensor, and finding a replacement took quite some time.  I tried to get one from the store I bought it from, but it was not quite the same.  Eventually a local coffee roaster tracked down the part I needed (took 4 months).  To be fair, I live in the boonies, so this might not be an issue in the city.

I truly love this machine.  It makes amazing coffee.  Very good steam and it is surprisingly easy to use.   The hand pull looks intimidating, but Elektra's spring loaded handle makes it a piece of cake to use.  Every guest we invite into our kitchen immediately takes note of it.  The gorgeous brass and copper fixtures and Elektra's signature brass eagle on top show true craftsmanship.

The best part of my daily ritual is firing up this machine in the morning.  It brings a smile even after 4 years of daily use.  It is aging very well.  I bought the Copper and Brass machine, it looks like a classic antique on day one, now with some (heavy) usage, it looks even better!

It is the best hand pulled machine I have used.  Visually it is a true show piece.   Once you get the grind/tamp set it pulls better quality shots than most other machines.  It is a connoisseur dream machine.

Very good, 1st line shipped it directly from Italy.  excellent customer service.  I will (have) use them again.

Posted: March 24, 2009, 5:58pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186309814453)