Delonghi Magnifica - Joe Jiovanazzo's Review
Posted: March 15, 2009, 6:08pm
DeLonghi Magnifica Original

Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has been rated 8.58 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Delonghi Magnifica reviews have been viewed 201,438 times (updated hourly).

Dave Boingo 10.00
Trey Harrell 9.83
Leighton Smith 8.66
David Kamikawa 8.50
Mark Edwards 8.00

Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 8
Where Bought: e-bay Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Very satisfied

Ease of use and learning curve
Quality of espresso and froth
Simple clean up

none as yet

Bought the reconditioned model from ebay. Fast delivery. After about 6-8 shots I had it dialed in with what I believe to be lower quality beans purchased from a local coffee shop. At first attempt at frothing milk the machine would not produce steam only continualy dripping water.
A call to Delonghi (surprisingly an American picked up after a couple rings). No time on hold! What is this, customer service in this day and age.
She walked me thru several steps but to no avail. She said they would send me box to ship to service center. Box arrived next day air.
About two weeks later the machine was sent back and it's been pure bliss. Especially since due to recomendations from this site purchasing a couple pounds of "Toscanna" from Kounter Kulture. Simply amazing quality. I have had a couple $3-400 machines that couldn't remotely compare to this. I can't belive the thick cremma this produces with this particular coffee. And the frothing works great. I get really thick micro foam every time. Clean up is a breeze and it heats up in seconds and recovery time for another brew is only seconds away.
Considering the mess and expense of a grinder and the time it takes to get a good shot I am greatly relieved that I took this super auto route to nirvanna.
And a great deal of thanks to all that took the time to submit reviews to this site. I made this purchase after hours of time spent here.
I will post a follow up in a few months. And I very highly recommend the Toscanno beans.

Very prompt delivery from ebay store.
Great customer service from Delonghi.

Posted: March 15, 2009, 6:08pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.18406701088)