Delonghi EC 155 - Vern Mitchinson's Review
Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:44pm
Delonghi EC 155 Espresso

Arrow The Delonghi EC 155 has 10 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi EC 155 has been rated 6.34 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 23, 2007.
Arrow Delonghi EC 155 reviews have been viewed 92,694 times (updated hourly).

Jack Otter 7.66
Dan Healy 6.67
Karen Pederson 6.00
Jill Hampton 4.00
Denis DuBois 2.50

Manufacturer: Delonghi (Made in China) Quality: 0
Where Bought: London drugs Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: I will not buy this manufacturers products but will try to fine a machine that works properly and has a service net work to fix it.

The espresso tasted delicilous. Better then the amercino at second cup or starbucks.  Long black made in Australia is what I'm after.

Steamer too close to counter for regular sized coffee mug.  Had to remove screen to get mug into machine.
The long black starts with water in the mug and then topped off with espresso directly from machine. This was not possible from this machine.  Was willing to live with this until it started leaking all over the place.
The steamer leaks and drips water all over.

Took top off and ran machine, Water leaked out between hose and steamer pipe.  I  fixed this leak where the hose connected to the steamer pipe by replacing the hose clamp.   Tried to run again and water and steam came out of hole in pipe.
Went to manufactures web site and my virus protection sounded an alert that a Trojan was detected.
At this point I decided to take machine back to the store and get my money back.  The Manuel that came with the machine does not explain very well and there is no parts list or service locations listed.
This is my first espresso machine and I'm looking forward to making and drinking more espresso but not with this machine or any other machine made by this company.

Good

When I went to delonghi's web site my virus protection alerted me to a trogen attempting to download to my computer. The next day I took the machine back to the store where I bought it and got my money back.

Posted: February 5, 2010, 2:44pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192814826965)