Delonghi Bar 140 - Chris Jan's Review
Posted: November 19, 2006, 5:33pm
Delonghi Bar 140

Arrow The Delonghi Bar 140 has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Bar 140 has been rated 7.36 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 1, 2001.
Arrow Delonghi Bar 140 reviews have been viewed 101,009 times (updated hourly).

Rob Stark 10.00
Jeff Cirelli 8.50
Robert Figueira 8.00
J. H. Long 7.50
W Lista 7.00

Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 8
Where Bought: Frys Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Go out and buy it you know you love EXPRESSO!

> Small
> Fast Heatup
> More then Adequate pressure at 15bars
> GREAT EXPRESSO!

> Arm for Capacino is too low.
> Bare bone finish not metal.
> But you pay for what you get.

Great Product I love how quick the machine heats up and for its price point BEST OF BREED!  I have Starbucks Americanos almost every morning and after this purchase I was amazed as to the quality of the shots produced.  I now make my own americanos in the morn.  The Arm for the capachino is kinda low so it can be a pain to work with if you are buying it for Capachios I would def look at a machine with a better arm accessibility.  Other then that this machine rocks!  Heres some tips that I would reccomend when operating this machine.

Defiantly clean it throughly before using as reccomended so that you get the best possible taste.  Coffee Beans are EXPRESSO BEANS!  BEANS ARE BEANS so don't be fooled with the espresso marketing hype on beans.  And Another tip if you buy a $15-20 grinder that is good enough! Don't was your money on a monster grinder that has settings for expresso.  You buy beans Trader Joes, COSTCO and Whole foods is my recommendation.  For West Coasters they recommend using a french roast or dark roast.  The east coasters recommend a lighter roast.  Def try both and try Flavored beans too I was surprised with how great flavored beans turned out!   Just make sure when you grind it you actually get it fine enough and pack it tight! Works like a Charm!

Thanks  DeLonghi!

Great Product would buy it again!

Posted: November 19, 2006, 5:33pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183961868286)