Delonghi Bar 140 - Keith McKenzie's Review
Posted: October 8, 2007, 6:58pm
Delonghi Bar 140

Arrow The Delonghi Bar 140 has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Bar 140 has been rated 7.36 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 1, 2001.
Arrow Delonghi Bar 140 reviews have been viewed 98,995 times (updated hourly).

Rob Stark 10.00

Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 6
Where Bought: Bed, Bath, & Beyond Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: 1st pump - prev steam only
Bottom Line: If you only want to make a decent cup of capiccino for guest once in a while, OK. If you are experienced, look elsewhere.

Great starter machine for the newbie. Is much better than a steam powered machine.

Because of design, you are "locked in" to beginner quality drinks. A lot of plastic which makes me wonder how long it will last.

After 10 years of thinking I was drinking good capiccino, my wife bought me this DeLonghi as a birthday present. At first I thought the "crema enhancer" was a god send - made a good single shot. However, once you know what you are doing and want to change your methods, the DeLonghi design locks you into their method of making espresso. The same holds true for the "froth enhancer" - if you have never frothed milk before, this device with help you get a decent head of foam - NOT froth - on some milk. Again, once you gain some experience you are locked into the "DeLonghi way". I prefer the cheap Mr. Coffee machine with a slide on attachment that can be removed to experiment and do things your own way.

As this item was given as a birthday gift I didn't have a say in it's purchase. However my wife says the salesman spent time with her asking about what I like to drink and how I buy and grind my beans, so I would have to say the experience was good.

Posted: October 8, 2007, 6:58pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1841340065)