Capresso Ultima - Anthony Raimondo's Review
Posted: November 30, 2010, 12:37pm
Capresso Ultima Espresso Machine

Arrow The Capresso Ultima has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso Ultima has been rated 6.63 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 25, 2007.
Arrow Capresso Ultima reviews have been viewed 40,057 times (updated hourly).

Andrew Kleeger 9.00
Jacob McDonald 6.60
Anthony Raimondo 6.00
Pam Day 5.40
Betsy Zajko 5.00

Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 3
Where Bought: Bed, bath, beyond Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Right price, wrong performance

Easy to use & clean. Great phone support and warranty back up.  Capresso covers cost to ship both ways. Foamer works well.

Body of the unit replaced twice because plunger base broke. Very uneven brewing.  I figured out what is causing the problem.  The lower portion of the coffee hopper jams in place and does not allow a full measure of coffee to be loaded.  I've notified the mfg. in hopes they redesign in the future.

After several trips to Italy we wanted to enjoy Cappuccinos at home and this is our first espresso machine. The issue with the unit now is with no change in amount of coffee used results vary from a great tasting cup to a watery, no crema throw away. I have been careful to run cleaning cycles (water & vinegar).  I even bought a Capresso grinder to be sure the grind is correct.  I note the other reviews are pretty good so perhaps I just got a lemon.  Capresso did offer to take it back and test it to see what is wrong but I think I will return it and try a different make in the same price range.

Bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond and they are great about no hassle returns.

Posted: November 30, 2010, 12:37pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.18208694458)