Capresso Espresso - Other - C Becker's Review
Posted: September 21, 2005, 8:14am
Capresso Espresso Machines - Other

Arrow The Capresso Espresso - Other has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso Espresso - Other has been rated 5.80 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Capresso Espresso - Other reviews have been viewed 48,538 times (updated hourly).

Andrew Sullivan 8.50

Product Reviewed: Mini-S
Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: gift Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Lattes ok, esresso no way

Solid construction.  Decent steam pressure.  Steam wand can be used with or without autofroth tip enabled, so experienced or aspiring frothsters can experiment while the inexperienced can happily blow crazy bubbles with the autofrother.

Doesn't pull much "espresso" before it starts burning it.  Not enough pressure.  Poor temperature control.  Brown water literally dribbles out for a several seconds before the thing creates something that loosely resembles crema.

This was my first espresso machine, and I never tasted espresso from a professional machine/barista before receiving it as a gift.  I initially made tons of lattes and focused on frothing the milk properly.  With practice you can definitely get decent frothed milk.  It worked great for milk-based drinks in general.  I often would make latte's 2 or 3 times in a day.

Lately I drink espresso almost exclusively and producing it well has been my focus.  Unfortunately that just is not possible with this machine.  It can pull a weak and slightly overcooked 1.5-2.0 oz shot in a little over 30 seconds.  Messing w/the grind, and trying pre-ground espresso doesn't seem to make much of a difference.  While you end up with less unburnt product, you really should tamp with this machine or you will find the taste of the espresso VERY weak.

I'm replacing this with a used krups maximo.  I'm sure it will be a step up, though definitely not my last machine.

gift

Posted: September 21, 2005, 8:14am
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193834066391)