Briel Lido Espresso Machine - Lane Wilkins's Review
Posted: October 7, 2004, 7:25pm
Briel Lido Espresso Machine

Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has been rated 5.81 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Briel Lido Espresso Machine reviews have been viewed 76,320 times (updated hourly).

Andy Panda 10.00
Skip Thomsen 6.60
Lane Wilkins 6.33
Kevin Johnson 6.00
Joel Stevens 6.00

Manufacturer: Briel es-15F Quality: 5
Where Bought: kitchen universe Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: prevent buyers remorse,spend more money for quality espresso!

Low cost pump operated machine,okay crema.

small portafilter for double shots,no room below portafilter above screen for shot glasses.

This machine is okay if your not very picky about the strength and quality of your espresso shots,I am  so spoiled by the array of espresso stands in my area that after exhausting effort with grinds and types of beans  and tamping I have determined that this machine is just not making the grade in comparison with the quality I have bought at stands.
This is my first pump operated machine,I seen that more expensive machines had 15 bars of pressure and thought that pressure was just pressure and would have the same results,well live and learn I guess,you really get what you pay for.
I want the most out of the expensive beans I buy and this machine just is'nt pulling strong enough shots to make a decent 16 oz. double shot latte to satisfy even the most indescriminating of people in my crowd.
This machines double shot filter is too small to fit a two 7 gram servings,13 grams will fit with the right grind to a 22 sec brew time.
The portafilter makes puddles and gets grinds in the shots sometimes.
The frother is too low and emits water at first before steam.

Kitchen universe was great customer service and emails and very prompt shipping.

I sold the Briel lido and now own the Rancillio Sylvia and Rancillio Rocky grinder,you don't need to upgrade as much as I did the lowest grade of Gaggia stomps all over the weak Briel lido.

Posted: October 7, 2004, 7:25pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.18776512146)