Briel Machines - Other - Daniel Goodland's Review
Posted: January 31, 2005, 3:39pm
Briel Espresso Machines - Other

Arrow The Briel Machines - Other has 17 Reviews
Arrow The Briel Machines - Other has been rated 7.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Briel Machines - Other reviews have been viewed 125,689 times (updated hourly).

Gary Rocco 8.50
Todd DeYoung 8.00
Mike Dahlor 7.66
Thomas Down 7.40
Greg Keough 7.16

Product Reviewed: Chamonix
Manufacturer: Briel Quality: 6
Where Bought: EBay Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Like renting an apartment, fun for a while but eventually you want to invest in something valuable.

Easy to use and a great looking machine.
Deep drip tray.
Water filter.

Preasurized porta-filter basket.
Steam wand frothing attachment.
Mostly plastic.

I bought this machine after owning a Mr. Coffee steam espresso machine.  I bought it off of Ebay, and paid only 60.00$.  Moving up from a steam machine was a big difference.  I enjoyed making "real" espresso and fixing drinks.  My only complaints were the pressurized porta-filter basket and steam wand attachment.  I have since upgraded the porta-filter basket to double shot replacement basket made for the Solis SL-70.  It works great and will accept a very fine grind.  Now all I need is a tamper that will fit correctly.  I love this machine, but not because it is incredibly great.  If I had paid more than I did I would have felt cheated.  I love the machine because it will be instrumental in helping me chose my next, something all metal with no frothing attachments or a pressurized porta-filter basket.  Probable the Ranchillo Silvia.  I have a Solis Maestro Grinder and it works great.

The machine includes a timing circuit, that stops the extraction itself.  but I never really used it.  I prefer to stop extraction myself.

Great, I bought it off of Ebay.

Posted: January 31, 2005, 3:39pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189943790436)