Breville Cafe Roma - D Snyder's Review
Posted: March 14, 2008, 8:33pm
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 281,902 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 2
Where Bought: BB&B Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: n/a
Bottom Line: I don't want to see another espresso machine for a long long time.  I'm sticking to my trusty french press.

aesthetics, the 20% off coupon and $20.00 rebate.  When it did worked it worked well.

It clogs when you use too fine of a grind.  I had to use resort to using a course grind so it wouldn't clog up.  The seals in the main housing need to be replaced with something more reliable.

It was my first espresso machine so there was  a lot of trial and error.  Once I thought I had the machine figured out and  my routine down it would throw a curve and cause much disappointment and aggravation.  It's grossly inconsistent, it clogs at least 1/3 of the time and I had to replace two seals in the main attachment housing.  The machine couldn't handle espresso beans prepared  using espresso grind, which is totally absurd since it is a ESPRESSO MACHINE!!!!!  I will have to admit, technical support was above average and they offered to send me a brand new replacement but eventually I lost complete confidence in Breville and opted instead to return it to Bed Bath & Beyond for a full refund.  At this point I'm not even sure if I want to own another espresso machine again.

Buying the machine was the easiest and least complicated part of my entire experience.

Posted: March 14, 2008, 8:33pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189414978027)