Breville Cafe Roma - Marcy Pate's Review
Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:02pm
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 280,071 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 9
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Disappointed, but hopeful

The machine looks great and has been easy to clean,

Inconsistent heat and crema. Failed to power up.

I was giving the machine one more chance to brew a good cup of espresso and it wouldn't even turn on.Previously, I had noted that the brew was not very hot and lacked good crema. I tested a variety of espresso beans and used my commercial grade grinder so that the grind was correct, as well as fresh After taking the machine apart, hoping to find a reset button of some kind, I went online looking for repair instructions.  I discovered this site, read 3 reviewers out of 26 who have had the same problem with the power button, so tomorrow will be calling Williams-Sonoma to see what they will do, since the Breville repair division failed to respond  to one reviewer

I relied on Williams-Sonoma's  reputation for this being a quality product.

Williams Sonoma gave me a store credit for full value with no questions. Unfortunately, they do not have a comparable machine in the same price range, so I have not made a replacement purchase yet.

Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:02pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19823217392)