Breville Cafe Roma - Tiara Soares's Review
Posted: March 7, 2008, 2:27pm
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 278,444 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 8
Where Bought: Ebay Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Great machine for beginners! Easy to use and produces tasty shots!

Easy to use
Compact
Quick to warm up
Nice stainless steel finish
Easy to follow instructions
Easy to fill water tank

Frother is okay, hard to get a lot of foam
Steamer constantly releases water as you steam
Somewhat hard to see the water line, but easy to lift out the tank and check

I am new to the "espresso" world and the Breville is exactly what I am looking for!  It is easy to use, quick to warm up, and fairly quiet.  I have always used a stove top coffee pot and wanted an upgrade to a more authentic "espresso" machine with a steamer.  I know that many professional baristas do not think the Breville produces a true espresso because it used a crema enhancer, but for a novice it does the trick and makes tasty shots.  For $100, milk, coffee and vanilla syrup I am able to make lattes as well as my local coffee shop.
The negatives I can notice so far are that the frother is a little weak and constantly emits water as you steam, resulting in watery milk.  have read it is better to steam the milk first and then pull the shot.  I will have to try this technique and see if it increases the amount of foam.
So far I do not have many complaints regarding this machine however, I have owned it less than a week, so only time will tell.  I would recommend this machine to any beginner looking for a machine that pulls a decent shot and is easy to use!

I bought the Breville from a buyer on Ebay for $100.  I am still in college so I'm not sure how much more I would be willing to spend.  Great machine so far though!

Posted: March 7, 2008, 2:27pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183896064758)