Breville Cafe Roma - Don Don's Review
Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:25am
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 282,947 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 7
Where Bought: dept store Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Good Mid priced machine.

Great looking machine, not too large,easy to clean.

Water tank too small, steam could be better.

I owned this machine for one year and it had held up well without any problems. I use it nearly every morning to make a cappucino before I go to work. Once you get the nack and the routine down pat you can make a cup in minutes. It takes practice as with any machine. Try diffrent brands of coffee. I use Lavazza in the black can, I find it more suitable to my taste. The darker roast I find bitter. One warning, if you have the beans ground for you don't  have them ground too fine or you will clog the porta filter. Also I find steaming the milk in the cup I am going to drink out of easier and makes a hotter cup of coffee. Another key is to preheat the machine for a few minutes. This is a good mid price machine and a good starting point for someone thinking about one to purchase.

good

Machine is still working fine (18 months later). Decalcified once with the liquid type solution. Still makes a good cup of espresso/cappucino. Steam still could be quicker but once you get your coffee making routine down pat it makes a consistant cup every time. Great machine for one or two cups daily. Making more than two or three at a time becomes a challange. Still, a good starter machine for the money.

Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:25am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188118934631)