Breville Cafe Roma - Marc Tischler's Review
Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:26am
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 273,766 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 9
Where Bought: EBAY Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 9
Bottom Line: This has been a great starter machine for me at a great price.  Goodbye Starbucks.

Ease of use.  Nice stainless steel appearance.  Nice stainless accessories come with it.

No temperature control.  Pressurized portafilter drives many purists batty. Short frothing wand.

I bought this new off EBAY and got a great deal.  No prior experience.  The unit works right out of the box and makes a very decent espresso, better than the shots I get locally. Now that I have been working on it a few weeks I am able to get very reproducible shot quality with superb crema.  Although I was intially lead to believe that tamping was not required, i find it works best with a moderate tamp.  The stainless steel and clean lines make it a very nice addition to our kitchen and it seems very solidly built.  Like others I have a difficult time seeing the water line so I just check the tank every couple of days.  Clean-up is a breeze.  I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the frother but I think it's me, not the machine, and i continue to experiment.  I think that for a newbie who wants to make their own espresso and doesn't want to break the bank this is an excellent entry level machine.

Easy, fast and well packed at a fantastic price.

Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:26am
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191418886185)