Breville Cafe Roma - Dave Bunten's Review
Posted: July 2, 2007, 1:05pm
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 281,428 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 7
Where Bought: Internet Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Briel Chamonix, Saeco
Bottom Line: I would buy again.

Ease of Use. No boiler difficulties between pouring a shot and steaming milk. Quality of parts, with possible exception of filter basket. Froths milk easily. Makes good crema and a hearty espresso if you use a very fine grind.

single shot filter basket will clog after extended use. I use imported Italian ground expresso that is very fine. Height of frothing wand limits the size of frothing cups. Coffee continues to flow out of filter after turn off. I.e. if you leave your cup underneath the filter basket after shutting off the machine enough coffee will flow out to dilute the strength of your espresso shot.

This is the third machine I have owned and definitely the best in quality and ease of use. My only complaint is the filter basket will clog up after awhile, so you must be sure to run water through it everyday, at least. (even though the instructions say otherwise.) I travel to Italy frequently and bring back packaged coffee I use in the machine. The quality of the espresso and capuccino made with the cafe roma rivals what I get in an Italian bar.
The quality of the expresso brew and the machine quality are superior. Both the Briel and Saeco parts gave out quickly with average use.

Excellent

Posted: July 2, 2007, 1:05pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194192886353)