Breville Cafe Roma - Monkey King's Review
Posted: March 14, 2010, 12:08am
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 278,358 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 8
Where Bought: NZ Aesthetics 6
Similar Items Owned: Ascaso Mini grinder
Bottom Line: At this price, unbeatable. Has been my dependable every day workhorse for years

Unbeatable for this price.
Good pressure, lovely crema.
Dependable after years of very regular (often daily) use.

A bit loud I suppose, but not too bad.
No serious faults

I've had this for a number of years and am entirely satisfied.
I have never tried a more expensive machine but I do consider this remarkable value for money.
NZ Consumer magazine did blind-tests a few years back with coffee tasters. This cheap machine beat Italian machines 3 times the price.

With the right grind and good beans, I've made completely delectable delicious espresso.

My machine has been a reliable workhorse and an ideal entry into home espresso.

One comment: You will need a good grinder that will end up costing more than the machine.
In pumps at 15 bar so you need FINE grinds. Pre-ground coffee will p*ss out under the pressure.
Also, AVOID AT ALL COSTS the Breville Cafe Roma grinder. It is rubbish. Even at its most fine the grind is only useful for stove-top or French press.

Was a gift

Posted: March 14, 2010, 12:08am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195126056671)