Breville Cafe Roma - Gabor H's Review
Posted: January 26, 2011, 9:17am
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 284,318 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 9
Where Bought: Great News Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: Simple and works well.

I love the stainless steel finish!

Shallow drip tray. The stainless steel finish will also have to be cleaned often because even a drip of water will leave a mark.

I will confess that I have not read the included instructions.  (I have been making and drinking espresso for 25 years.  As a Hungarian, I was raised with the stuff.)  Regardless, the machine is a simple as they come; one button and one knob!

I always give it at least 5 minutes to warm up. The steamer wand works well provided you give it a chance to clear any water in the line. This just takes a few seconds, and then there is full steam.   Honestly, I donít know how people could have difficulty with this unit. I use a Petís tamper and apply 20-30 lbs of force.  When the coffee brews, it flows into the glass coups as if it were Guinness!   What more could you ask for?  Crema?  It starts out as all crema!

Although this machine was purchased for home, I have since moved it to the office. Now I am looking for another for home use.  It does get work out.  I always make an extra espresso for colleagues; thus, it get's used 2- 4 times a day.   The neat little hole in the electric plug makes it really easy to unplug.  Why donít other electrical devices have this feature?

I purchased this unit on a whim at a local chef's store. I think it was a close out or a return.  At the price looked like a steal.  I figured that if it didn't work well I could always return it.

Posted: January 26, 2011, 9:17am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190912008286)