Breville 800ESXL - Alex Gutierrez's Review
Posted: January 15, 2008, 10:00am
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 537,759 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: DIE CAST 800ESXL
Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 9
Where Bought: Bed Bath and Beyond Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Good, impressive machine - good price.  Still perfecting the shots from it.

Impressing looking machine- easy to clean. Cool Die Cast look- Cool Lights...  Pretty easy to use- Built very solid.

Tamper that comes with isn't very good.  I bought a new one that works better.   It took me a bunch of runs to figure out the correct tamp pressure, and grind setting.  I don't know that I like the basket that was provided with it.  Bought a KRUPS filter that fits, but I can't get it to work as good as the one provided with the machine.  Still working through it.  I just think that the whole thing should be a lil easier in figuring out.

I am using a Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder-  And I love it.. Last night, I went through a lot of beens trying to find this machine's sweet spot.  I also read a reccomendation to purchase a KRUPS 2 filter basket-  I did that.  Tried it, and I still haven't been able to find a sweet spot with that basket.  SO FAR, the one provided with the machine works the best for me- Still making small adjustments.

I like the look of the machine and the taste of the shots from the machine are good.  With a good Crema.. sometimes maybe too much.

I am still trying to figure the whole thing out- and will update this posting as I go along.  I am new at this- and have been following other postings.

I reccomend looking online for bed bath and beyond coupons. I found one.. .printed out and saved 80 bucks!  Do that!

Great... And I know that bed bath and beyond has no hassle returns-- so if I want to bring it back... I can if I'm unhappy.

Posted: January 15, 2008, 10:00am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203042984009)