Breville 800ESXL - Kathryn J's Review
Posted: January 28, 2012, 11:57pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 534,110 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: Die-cast
Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 8
Where Bought: Sears Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Decent for a newbie brewer

Easy to use, have had it for three years. Makes a pretty nice shot when you start out.

Doesn't make the best milk, it either foams too much or too little. Steam wand occassionally gets clogged by grinds (no idea how that happened).

I bought this machine three years ago, it's still working and in decent condition. This was my first espresso machine that broke the 100 range. It took me quite a while to figure it out, but the more practice, the better the brew. While some people are snobbish towards breville, this particular machine has given me great practice. I did not expect it to still be running after three years. A few minor issues, some how a few grounds got stuck in the steam wand, and had to be cleaned out a few times. Will be a bit finicky with the ground quality while learning. Otherwise no major issues besides the portafilter holder.  The handle of that has developed a few cracks.

I can make a very satisfying shot from this machine, down to the yummy crema on the surface. Of course quality beans and grinder will make all the difference. This machine does not make the best steamed milk, it is either off or on. For a first machine, it was quite impressive, and I believe a good value considering how long it has held on.

While I would not buy another one of these, it is only because I am planning on upgrading, and trying my hand with a silvia.

Bought in store, was expensive.

Posted: January 28, 2012, 11:57pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197537183762)