Breville 800ESXL - Johann Ramirez's Review
Posted: October 8, 2008, 9:48pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 65 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 513,223 times (updated hourly).

H H 10.00

Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 8
Where Bought: woot.com Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Great looking machine, works adequately, and was purchased at an unbeatable price!

Great looking machine!  Excellent starter setup.  With practice produces consistent shots.

Pressurized baskets! (Eww)  Steam wand is a bit short.

I purchased this machine Refurbished from woot.com.  It arrived packaged in Breville Packaging, the machine is from every detail brand new.  The box was suppose to include a Pod Adapter and a 1Cup Filter, but these were not present.
Since I did research, I knew what to expect with the machine and planned accordingly.

The other reviews do a great job of describing all the short falls of the machine and the reviews are largely based on people that spent $300+.  I would recommend you save a couple hundred more and buy something more long term.

If you can grab one of these refurbished for under $200, I think its a great buy!  The machine is far far superior to anything in this price range, and will provide you a great experience.

This is the type of machine that jumps out at you while you're walking around a store or at someone's house.  It's very good looking, very sturdy, and very easy to clean.  I have been able to produce consistent 20-25sec shots using coffee I grind in my Breville Ikon grinder.  This combo came out to cost me only $250 and has provided already great enjoyment.

I will likely be replacing the two Breville products within 12-18 months and feel very happy to have gotten my money's worth in this amount of time.  My next machine will likely be a Rancilio Silvia or a La Spaziale S1, depending on budget at the time.  I will replacing my grinder with the Mazzer Mini.

woot.com is not a place where you plan on buying anything.  For me the site is a form of entertainment, and where I spend money without planning and on a whim.  woot.com provides NO customer service for products purchased through their site, so if you like support stay away!

Posted: October 8, 2008, 9:48pm
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187831163406)