Breville 800ESXL - A B's Review
Posted: January 13, 2007, 8:17am
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 545,401 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Manufacturer: Breville USA Quality: 8
Where Bought: BB&B Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Breville Cafe Roma, Krups 4030
Bottom Line: Finally Happy

Great Cofee! Great Frothing!
Very well designed and user friendly

Scoop and Tamping Tool not very easy to use.

I finally arrived at this machine after trying two others over the past month.
This is truly the Holy Grail of Sub $500 Consumer Machines. Recommended by seemingly everyone...including the managers at my local Williams-Sonoma...who tend to have a good handle on what is what.

My first machine was the Krups XP4030...which was a great machine for the money but totally failed me when I tried to use Danesi pre-ground coffee...which is simply the best brand for authentic Italian espresso. I returned to Bed Bath and Beyond and decided to step up to the Breville Cafe Roma, which was a major disappointment. While the overall espressso quality was pretty good, the performance was totally inconsistent. When I discovered that the double basket did not function with a full load of grounds, I packed up the box and traded it in for the 800.

The 800 is a great machine...an all around performer with great results. If you are able to shell out the dough for this machine, I highly recommend it.
If you are looking for something in the sub $150 range, do check out the Krups XP 4030...just make sure you get the right grind on your coffee.

Easy

Posted: January 13, 2007, 8:17am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185366868973)