Breville 800ESXL - Edgar Carbaat's Review
Posted: July 9, 2009, 4:07pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 540,248 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: 800esxl
Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 8
Where Bought: store Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: saeco magic cappucino
Bottom Line: Not my cuppa tea, get a classic brand machine

great looks, easy to use (buttons etc.)

Do not like the coffee  it makes, wish I had stuck with the cheaper and trusted 'saeco magic  cappucino' (owned for 9 yrs), less looks  but more balls, The Saeco makes a good coffee even if you just slam it in no tamping or anything , The Breville  I cannot get right . I will sell it for $300 right away   it is a week old and made 20 coffees maybe. Just not my kind of machine.

Do not like the coffee  it makes, wish I had stuckwith the cheaper and trusted sae comagic  cappucino (owned for 9 yrs), less looks  but more balls, The Saeco makes a good coffee even if you just slam it in no tamping or anything , The Breville  I cannot get right.I will sell it for $300 right away   it is a week old and made 20 coffees maybe. Just not my kind of machine.......................................... ................................................. ................................................. .................................................

n/a

Wish I had gotten something else. I tried everything in the book and every trick to make a coffee I like or the way  I think it it should be (During my University I worked 2 yrs in an italian restaurant with 3  beak Gaccia professional machine making 1000's of  ristretto, machiatto, espresso and cappacinos) and it cannot be done;  the crema is not thick enough in consistency and not enough of it.  I would not recommend this machine, unless you are buying for looks and "perculated" style coffee.
Another thing, if you run out of water while making coffee you wasted a cup of coffee as you cannot refill without taking the (porta) filter out (it is actually not even a portafilter). Also the left over  puck is full with water and not dry which  a messy trying to dispose of it.  Never buy it again. Go wth a good simple machine of the "classic" brands

Posted: July 9, 2009, 4:07pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191520214081)