Breville 800ESXL - L Blumen's Review
Posted: January 17, 2010, 7:56pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 542,574 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: breville programmable
Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 1
Where Bought: williams sonoma Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: breville 800
Bottom Line: wears out quickly - bad investment

it is pretty.  Steamer is nice when it works.  it would last for the occasional espresso drinker.

Six machines broke down after less than a year of daily use.

I bought a Breville 800 and returned it two years ago when it stopped working.  The store replaced it by another and then another.  I upgraded to the Breville programmable because I was still covered under the store policy.   I thought it would be made differently but I had the same problem with the next machines.  The blue light went on but there was no power for pressure.   I could not steam milk or get a shot.   It did heat though.  I kept with machine in part because the next price in machines was an additional $250 and I thought that this seriously couldn't happen to this many machines.  After looking online, I discovered that all of the people who hadn't had their machine for very long were happy, thus the good reviews.   The people who use their machine often and for longer had the same issue as I had.  It starts to burn out after 5 mos. to  a year of daily use.  Breville has been called by a lot of people, (including me), but they claim to have never heard of this happening.  From reading other people's posts and from my own phone calls, I know this to be untrue.   I don't really have a few thousand to spend on my dream machine but I don't know of any reliable machines in this price range.  Any ideas anyone?

Williams Sonoma was great for exchanges but they are limited in their selection for my price range.  They also just started a 3 month return policy.  It was previously a year or longer so my machines were covered.  I like Williams Sonoma but why are they selling a product with so many returns?

Posted: January 17, 2010, 7:56pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200525045395)