Breville 800ESXL - Johnny Askew's Review
Posted: December 15, 2008, 6:32pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 542,567 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 9
Where Bought: EBAY Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: 39.00 espresso mach
Bottom Line: The grind will determine whether you love or hate this machine.  That simple.....

Nice finish, Easy to operate.  Easy to Clean.  Storage space inside for filters.

This machine is very picky about the grind.

I love this machine.  I do see why some people hate it though.  I wanted to share a little to help others out.  I bought starbucks preground espresso beans from a big box store.  They were the consistency of sand not like powder but not rocky.  These grounds made perfect shot after shot.  I went to a starbucks and bought the same coffee in whole bean form and had them grind it for an espresso machine.  It was ground slightly coarser than powdered sugar.  Clogged the filter, no espresso for me.  The porta filter is picky about the grind of the beans.  I found the shots to be slightly bitter in both cases.  They taste great in drinks though.  I am not a straight espresso drinker.  I think if you are you would want a different machine.  If you want to make drinks that contain espresso then this is a great machine.  I think the finer ground shots tasted better, but they clogged the filter.  I am going to get a different filter so I can use finer grinds to make my drinks.  From looking on the net this machine makes a nice looking shot of espresso, i.e. lots of crema.

Your experience with this machine will follow what you put in it.  If you get the right grind you will have shot after shot of great consistent espresso.

EBAY  Easy

Posted: December 15, 2008, 6:32pm
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19379401207)