Breville 800ESXL - Jamie Schmidt's Review
Posted: July 17, 2007, 8:35am
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 543,555 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: 800ESXL
Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 8
Where Bought: William Sonoma Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia
Bottom Line: Well worth $400.  Excellent beginner to intermediate machine.

Sexy looking, very simple to operate.  Very good espresso at a reasonable price.

Frothing wand is slow, takes a while to heat up and froth milk.  Water gets in the storage area under the tank.

After six months of use I can honestly say I feel great about this purchase.  The Breville makes great shots, heats very quickly, and is easy to use.  The pump is a little weak when using pods, and it takes a few minutes to heat up the wand to make froth for a mocha, but this is to be expected from a residential machine for $400.  Built like a tank, looks good, and is very quiet compared to its competitors.  A few good recipes in the owners manual! The wife used to have me make her mocha every morning with our old machine, but she kind of enjoys using the Breville if she has time to.  We have made 3-4 drinks a day with it for the last 6 months or so, and I haven't had a temper tantrum yet (fairly common with our old Gaggia pump machine).  I really like that its easy to clean.  I can't imagine anyone but the pickiest of baristas being disappointed with the Breville.

Williams Sonoma had several machines plugged in and ready to demo before I bought the Breville.  That was a HUGE help in deciding which one I wanted to buy.  The salesperson wasn't terribly knowledgeable, but I didn't expect her to be.

none yet

Ok, it's been a year since I bought the Breville and it's still going strong and looking great.  Took a little while to get over the used grounds not coming out in a dried up "puck", but it doesn't bother me anymore.  I've experimented with grinds and beans and came up with a winner for my wife's mochas and the occasional Americana for myself.  The frother isn't as slow as I first thought, and I'm more than satisfied with the purchase.

Posted: July 17, 2007, 8:35am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200986146927)