Breville 800ESXL - Davin Gegolick's Review
Breville Espresso 800ESXL
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 548,769 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00
H H 10.00
Pat D'Arcy 9.50
Ben Moore 9.00
L Blumen 9.00

Product Reviewed: 800ESXL
Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 10
Where Bought: London Drugs Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Looks great but takes time getting used to

Looks great & is well built. Works well if you have the right grind & tamp.

Not very consistent. Very finicky with grind & tamp. Should have come with an unpressurized basket.

I'm currently in the search for a Krups 2-cup unpressurized basket (part #MS-0907163). I have heard great things from users who have purchased this for their machine. I am eager to find out how my espresso is going to turn out. I have found that the grind has to be more coarse than standard espresso grind. My advise is to find a grinding setting that keeps the consistency of a grind that works for you. Otherwise you will be ending up with water in your basket or lack of espresso. Takes some time getting used to but I feel it's a great starter machine in which you can grow on.

Purchased from London Drugs. Had the cheapest price on this item.

Use it every weekend...still holding up great!!! Purchased an unpressurized basket that I use constantly. Works much better than the stock baskets. Wish it came with a frother cup with more of a lip so I can practice espresso art. Very happy with this machine!

After 3 years of owning this machine, it finally died out of the blue. I got it repaired by a local repairman for $40 (turns out one of the diodes on the circuit board burnt out). I've always used the unpressurized basket with this machine. I've been super happy with it!

My wife recently bought me the 820ESXL as a gift which works even better than this machine. I'm now selling the 800ESXL.

Posted: March 7, 2009, 1:18pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186249017715)