Ascaso Dream - Elizabeth Bennett's Review
Posted: December 30, 2007, 9:27am
Ascaso Dream Espresso
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow The Ascaso Dream has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Ascaso Dream has been rated 8.11 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Ascaso Dream reviews have been viewed 250,172 times (updated hourly).

Joel Bristol 9.50
Robert J. O'Brien 9.00
Phil Goodlaxson 8.50
Glen Crompton 8.40
Anders N 8.14

Manufacturer: Ascaso Quality: 8
Where Bought: used Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: A sturdy, shiney machine that allows the beginner barrista to produce drinks like a pro!

Produces excellent latte even in the hands of a rank beginner (with no instruction manual).  Solid.  Looks good on a counter.

I haven't discovered any yet.  Most of the problems that I have experienced I chalk up to my own inexperience -- not the machine.

This is my first home espresso machine.  I bought it used (but relatively new and in excellent condition) because I didn't want to make a big investment until I discovered whether or not I was barrista material.  This machine is nice to look at on your counter, sturdy and, in my opinion, very easy to use.  I can now make much better latte's at home than I was getting out.  The frother-wand produces gorgeous micro-foam even in the hands of a rank novice.  I would feel good about this machine even if I had paid more.

I got this machine for less than half the price listed on Coffee Geek by purchasing used.  I was willing to take the risk of buying previously owned.  I got lucky -- the first owner was upgrading and had lovingly cared for her Ascaso.

Posted: December 30, 2007, 9:27am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196822166443)