Ascaso Arc - A1pha Geek's Review
Posted: March 22, 2008, 11:32am
Ascaso Arc Espresso Machine

Arrow The Ascaso Arc has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Ascaso Arc has been rated 6.84 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Ascaso Arc reviews have been viewed 74,984 times (updated hourly).

Brian Dorais 7.75

Manufacturer: Ascaso Quality: 1
Where Bought: 1st-line.com Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Elecktra Mi Casa a Leva
Bottom Line: Run Away!  You get what you pay for on this machine.  Nada.

Looks great.  Steam wand heats up quickly.  First shot of the day usually is quite nice. After pulling the first shot, the machine starts to spew steam everywhere.  DO NOT try to pull a shot after running the steam wand, it will burn every shot!  you must wait an hour for it to cool down.  This machine leaks so much water/steam after using it that we keep a large measuring cup at hand to put under the head.  If we did not, the ample overflow tray would flood.

I DO NOT recommend this machine to anyone.  It won't make more than one good shot per hour.  It will leak and spew steam everywhere.  this makes maintenance annoying, and when you have friends or family over, you cannot serve them coffee, because the machine melts down before you can make enough coffee for the group.  I am extremely disappointed with this machine.

I have had excellent experience with 1st line in the past.  But I am disappointed with them on how they have handled this poor quality machine.  It is featured at the top of their home page, and I trusted them.  After ordering the machine, I called to report the problems that I was having, and was told by John (a partner), that this was "normal"  and he suggested that maybe "i did not have much experience with normal espresso machine functionality".  I used to own an espresso shop.  I know espresso machines very well.  I prefer a machine that does not burn the second shot, thank you.

I still cannot recommend this machine.  It is not a quality machine.  It burns most cups. It leaks every time we use it.  It cannot make ore than two passable cups of espresso.  It is still easy to steam milk, but what is the point of good milk over burnt coffee?

I still cannot recommend this machine.  It is not a quality machine.  I have a Elektra now.  The Ascaso is sitting at my office collecting dust.  Anyone want to buy a no longer used espresso machine?

Posted: March 22, 2008, 11:32am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196702957153)