|Recommended for sharing a cup with a friend
|Richard Gates, Jan 16, 2000
More of Richard Gates's Review:
Has paper filters that really produce a sediment free cup. A spring chain holds the filter in place very well. I preheat the water in a microwave to almost boiling to save some time since the amount of heat from the burner is relatively small and...
|Functional art that impresses your friends and makes excellent coffee!
|George Swanson, May 30, 2002
More of George Swanson's Review:
I bought this based upon reviews on this website and wasn't disappointed. You can't really get an inkling of how attractive this coffeemaker is unless you see it in person. It reminds me of a lab instrument, sort of the ultimate chemistry teachers...
|8 Reviews have been written for the Hario Nouveau Review so far by our members.
Our model was purchased from Meloty Fine Tea Company, in Richmond, BC, Canada, for $160 Canadian dollars.
The Hario Nouveau has a lot of excellent features and details. Here's a quick look at them:
- Excellent design, and a very intelligent mix of form and function.
- Brews enough for 2 six ounce cups of coffee
- Excellent performance from alcohol burner
- First rate materials used throughout
- Design of the upper chamber encourages natural agitation in the coffee grounds / water mixture.
- Filter looks high tech, but the use of paper brings it down.
- Unique quick-locking handle and bottom globe design won big kudos
- Kickdown is rapid
- Coffee in the cup is crystal clear and a mellow cup, but is lacking some of the complexities from the coffee oils that are prevented by the paper filter.
This detailed review is broken down into the following sections:
- Overview of Product
- Form and Function
- What's in the Cup
- Cleanup and maintenance
- 1 Year Followup (new!)