|You won't be disappointed once you have it set up.
|Peter Yamamoto, Jan 14, 2003
More of Peter Yamamoto's Review:
This product is my introduction to coffee geekdom. Well this plus my new freshRoast plus. I've been meaning to track a syphon pot down since being in Japan in the late 80s where this was a common preparation method. It's just cool, retro, and makes a...
|Pleasing to the palate, eye, and intellect
|JP Cordill, Sep 3, 2001
More of JP Cordill's Review:
My S/O bought this from the HarioUSA website, for $109. They upgraded the shipping for free, to get it here before Xmas (even though it was for my b‘day a few weeks later) and even called to let us know they were rushing the order. OUR experience with...
|8 Reviews have been written for the Hario Nouveau Review so far by our members.
Our model was purchased from Meloty Fine Tea Company, in Richmond, BC, Canada, for $160 Canadian dollars.
The Hario Nouveau has a lot of excellent features and details. Here's a quick look at them:
- Excellent design, and a very intelligent mix of form and function.
- Brews enough for 2 six ounce cups of coffee
- Excellent performance from alcohol burner
- First rate materials used throughout
- Design of the upper chamber encourages natural agitation in the coffee grounds / water mixture.
- Filter looks high tech, but the use of paper brings it down.
- Unique quick-locking handle and bottom globe design won big kudos
- Kickdown is rapid
- Coffee in the cup is crystal clear and a mellow cup, but is lacking some of the complexities from the coffee oils that are prevented by the paper filter.
This detailed review is broken down into the following sections:
- Overview of Product
- Form and Function
- What's in the Cup
- Cleanup and maintenance
- 1 Year Followup (new!)