Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States East
Coffee In Baltimore
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US East > Coffee In...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 29 of 29 first page previous page
Author Messages
Buckley

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Apr 21, 2014, 12:58pm
Subject: Re: TJS: The Java Sojourner visits Baltimore

This coffee place deserves its own post within this Baltimore coffee thread.  The place is called City Cafe 1001 Cathedral St., cross street Eager St.  It is near Tribeca (above).  This place is arranged as a large dining area and a small, cafe-like dining area connected by a wide open hallway.  There are two bars, one in each end.  Each bar has multiple taps for high-end brews, if you are interested.  The smaller bar has a Malkonig K-30 twin and Simonelli (as I recall) and a talented barista named Matt.  I met him at the Artifact coffee cupping two weeks ago (see post above).  When I walked into City Cafe four months ago, there was no Matt and they were pulling Zeke's coffee, which is why you did not see this post before.  Today, Matt was pulling Thaddeus espresso blend from Square One roasters in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  The shot had a cinnamon, fruity nose and the first sip was citrus and minerally.  The second sip was citrus and cinnamon, which stayed through the third sip.  A good cup.  I complained to Matt that Square One charges 6.95 to ship their 12 oz bags (whine, whine, whine, grumble) and he pulled out some Square One Kenya Matetani (sundried), which he sold to me.  This was everyones favorite from the cupping and it was nice of him to let go of his last partial bag.  Then he started pulling out bags of Square One House Blend, Ethiopean Yirg, and Intelligentsia.  I passed on 'telly but I bought more Square One.  Matt was like a magician pulling rabbits out of his hat nonstop.  He has a lot of passion for coffee and it shows.  Stop by City Cafe while Matt is there and they are still buying the good stuff.  You know how cafes are - who knows how long it will last?
TJS
 View Profile Link to this post
outofnowhere

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014, 7:59am
Subject: Re: TJS: The Java Sojourner visits Baltimore

FWIW - Anyone who lives near Baltimore: local baristas and wannabes get together once a month for throwdown.  Look for TNT Baltimore (Thursday Night Throwdowns) on Twitter or Google it.
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 29 of 29 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US East > Coffee In...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.165729045868)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+