Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States Central
The Java Sojourner - Town 5 - Houston, Texas
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US Central > The Java...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, 2 Macap M4s, OE...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012, 3:08pm
Subject: Re: The Java Sojourner - Town 5 - Houston, Texas

just got back from my journey...

Had a fantastic cap over at Catalina, which I couldn't help but drink faster than I wanted to.  I was VERY tempted to get another or even a macchiato, but held myself in check.

Looking forward to a re-visit and a trip to the others mentioned above (Tuscany, Revival Market).

A big thanks to Jon for the recommendations!

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy

Posted Thu Feb 2, 2012, 12:19pm

Visited Revival Market today for lunch.  Good call on the dog!  I need to try their pulled pork sandwich too.

The coffee was really good, but not close to what I had at Catalina the other day.  Microfoam was slightly less creamy and cappa was poured in wrong proportions for my taste, more latte-like than I care for.  Still though, it was definitely worth the trip and the coffee was definitely worth getting.

Tuscany at Greenway Plaza is next on my list!

medvacflights
medvacflights
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012, 11:01pm

I like starbucks!! ehehehe
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012, 4:54pm

I liked Starbuck's about 10 years ago...before I got my first espresso machine (a Rancilio Silvia) and before I visited Italy.  Now I can't stand it.  I saw a bumper sticker once that I like..."friends don't let friend's drink Starbuck's"  But hey, if you like it, that's great, you can find one on every corner.

Buckley

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Londinium I, Olympia Maxima,...
Grinder: Compak K-10 WBC, Gaggia MDF
Drip: Hario V60
Roaster: Nondescript popper
Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012, 4:56pm

JonR10 Said:

Minor correction :

The foodcourt and Coffeeshop are in Building 5 (Greenway 5).  
If people look for Greenway 3 then they will not find it.

Posted December 24, 2011 link

You are technically correct.  The address of Greenway coffee is Building 5, but as to getting lost, I always enter through building 3.  The food court is connected to 3 and 5 and another, i believe.  Where you park is best determined by where you enter.  Greenway is a megacomplex bounded by highway 59 feeder, Buffalo Speedway, Edloe, and Richmond.  If one enters the underground parking off of the 59 feeder road, visitor parking lot for Building 5 is most convenient and the Greenway coffee counter is only 87 paces from the parking lot gate.  If you enter from southbound Buffalo Speedway, visitor parking lot 3 is most convenient and the Greenway counter is 180 paces from that lot.
Buckley

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012, 5:01pm

I need to try their pulled pork sandwich too.

You don't need to try their pulled pork sandwich.  It suffers from too little pork and the combination of mustard and pickles makes it too sour.  If you want to eat a killer BBQ pork sandwich, it is worth it to roll out Bellaire to Nguyen Ngo and order their BBQ pork Banh Mi, order it with fried egg.  It is smaller but a lot less expensive and a lot tastier. They are across Bellaire from Hong Kong Market, at 11210 Bellaire Blvd., #136, 11-6:30, closed Wednesdays.
emradguy
emradguy

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012, 1:41pm

I'll take your word that the Vietnamese sandwich out there is good, but how can you compare it to pulled pork?  They're totally different.  That's like saying hey don't waste your time eating an italian panini when you can go to such and such place and get a club sandwich.  Ok, so you think the pulled pork sandwich at Revival doesn't have enough meat...fine...I'll probably skip it based on your recommendation.  But you could simply leave it at that, or offer a place where that's served better, but recommending a Banh Mi sandwich as a substitute in a different part of town doesn't make any sense....by the way, how's the espresso at Nguyen Ngo?  Oh, and since we're talking about Banh Mi, how does Nguyen Ngo compare to Les Givral in midtown?

Buckley

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012, 1:25pm

emradguy Said:

but recommending a Banh Mi sandwich as a substitute in a different part of town doesn't make any sense....by the way, how's the espresso at Nguyen Ngo?  Oh, and since we're talking about Banh Mi, how does Nguyen Ngo compare to Les Givral in midtown?

Posted March 23, 2012 link

I will accept as valid your observation that I was off-topic by suggesting the bahn-mi substitution for pulled pork.  Pulled pork, I must here admit what so many Texans know, has a loyal and passionate following not only here in Texas but across this fine BBQ nation.  I will also accept your oblique suggestion that I try Les Givral.

As I posted in The Java Sojourner - Town 5 - Houston, Texas (update), Nguyen Ngo serves concentrated drip brew stored in an airpot but reconstituted with hot water at the time of serving.  They do not have espresso or Americanos but I find their aforementioned drip very much to my liking.  

Thank you for taking an interest in what interests me,

Buckley
WholeLatteRoast

Espresso: Alex Duetto II
Grinder: MACAP MXK
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Fri Aug 10, 2012, 8:00pm

Try Pappas BBQ's  pulled pork !!

I love it !!
emradguy
emradguy

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012, 8:17am

FINALLY....I made it Greenway this morning, on my way to work. Sadly, it was out of desperation to purchase fresh beans for a trip out of town this weekend, but hey, whatever works, right?  

Anyhow, I ordered a cortado, and since I had a little time, I had it at their counter bar while I chatted with the two baristas working there.  The cortado was awesome!  Creamy espresso, as I like to call a good cortado.  Smooth, mellow, very well-balanced softer and brighter tones...though I didn't really concentrate on descriptors as I was just enjoying the overall mouthfeel and flavor while we chatted.

Finding them was very easy, particulary because of the previous posts in this thread.

showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US Central > The Java...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.266798019409)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+