Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United Kingdom
Coffee Italia
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > UK > Coffee Italia  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
birofunk

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Mahlkonig Vario
Posted Wed Jun 9, 2010, 4:26am
Subject: Coffee Italia

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Coffee Italia (http://www.coffeeitalia.ie/). Particularly the Irish or English site.

I have heard on the Australian regional forum that they are grey importers, but didn't hear of anybody who had actually purchased anything from them.

So has anyone here used them? Would you recommend them or advise to stay away?

Thanks in advance
 View Profile Link to this post
birofunk

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Mahlkonig Vario
Posted Wed Jun 9, 2010, 2:21pm
Subject: Re: Coffee Italia

Never mind, just read some awful reviews about them on a local forum:

Click Here (www.boards.ie)

Sorry for wasting any ones time!
jemcorbett

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jul 21, 2010, 4:32pm

Hi

I only joined this forum thing as I just googled coffee italia, to see if anyone else has complained about them.  Do not go anywhere near them, they still owe me over 350 for undelivered goods.  I am now taking them to the small claims court.

If you want to know more about it email me on jemcorbett@googlemail.com

Jemma
Fleabag

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Jul 24, 2010, 1:06pm

Hi,i was going to order off this company,I was told they are NOT based in the UK and seen quite a few BAD reviews,this knocked me off purchasing anything at all !!
At the end I ordered off:- Myespresso.co.uk,exellent Super fast delivery,exellent customer care !!!
DavidBondy

Posted Wed Aug 11, 2010, 2:45am

I wish I had seen this a week ago!  They took over 700 from my credit card and have not delivered the goods.  They ignore my calls and don't reply to my emails!

I think we have a collective duty to get the word out about them!

Anyone have any ideas as to what the next steps are?  I am not sure about small claims court because the service address will just be their warehouse in London.

Can the credit card people do anything?

David
DavidBondy

Posted Wed Aug 11, 2010, 3:04am

Later that same day ...

I've just come off the phone from my credit card company (Bank of Scotland).  They told me to write a formal email to Coffee Italia giving them thirty days to refund me or deliver the goods.

If (when!) they don't the credit card folks will then open a "dispute" and try to recover the money from Coffee Italia's bank.

The email has been sent, we will have to wait and see what happens!

David

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Machine now fixed ;o)
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Wed Aug 11, 2010, 5:13am

That's bad luck David.  I imagine one or two folk were crossing their fingers for you when you mentioned who you'd bought from but didn't want to worry you unnecessarily.

You're right to assume the C.Card people will do something, 'cos they have to.  If the supplier won't produce the goods or refund the money, you need to go after BOS themselves, as it's their liability to you whether they get the money back from Coffee Italia or not, although they'll most certainly try to resist that unless pushed very hard.  (This is all assuming it was a credit card you used. A debit card doesn't have the same legal safeguards.)

Wouldn't worry about the small claims court and all that involves just yet, but a quick call to you local CAB to get your options clearly set out for you by people who really know would be very worthwhile.

Looking on the bright side, things might actually be OK if slow.  It's August and Italy is largely on holiday. I very much doubt if Coffee Italia keep much - if any - inventory, and only buy in as necessary.

Hope it turns out well for you.
DavidBondy

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010, 5:32am

Panic over!  Even though they have NEVER made any contact with me or responded to my calls / emails, a man from UPS arrived this morning with my nw machine on board!

Phew!  All's well that ends well as we say on this side of the pond!

Now ... just got to learn to use an HX machine for the first time in my life!  

My grateful thanks to those who replied expressing sympathy and offering suggestions!

David
martinscozzese

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue May 27, 2014, 2:05am

Last week (19 May) I ordered a Simonelli Oscar. I payed for the machine online and received an email confirmation and an email from FedEx stating my delivery would arrive on the Friday 23 May.
At 18:30 on Friday I phoned FedEx to ask for an update because the coffee machine had not arrived. FedEx told me that the package had not left Italy yet. Shocked, I called Coffee Italia. I explained the situation to the person who answered and he told me there was nothing he could do because the office was shut. He suggested I call the next day and then he hung up the phone while I was still talking.
I called the next day but did not get any answer. I called throughout that day, left messages and emails but received no communication from the company. I called on the Monday and the Tuesday, leaving messages and emails but I have still not heard anything from the company.
I have contacted my credit card provider and raised a "Formal Dispute" about the payment. Coffee Italia took my payment of 563 on the day I ordered the machine and they have now gone to ground.
I have no machine, I have lost 563 and I cannot get any communication from the company.
BUYER BEWARE!
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > UK > Coffee Italia  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.209521055222)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+