Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United Kingdom
Square Mile Coffee
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > UK > Square Mile...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
LloydLec

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Jul 5, 2008, 3:36am
Subject: Square Mile Coffee

Just thought I would let everyone know about Square Mile coffee. I have had the opportunity to meet James, Stephan (both World Champion Barista’s) and the lovely Anette, Square Mile  coffee roaster. Guys you have to try their coffee, I can assure you it is excellent and you will receive the very best service and coffee. This is a young company that deserves our support and to make it big- order their coffee you will not be sorry. A public thank you to James and Anette for their kindness and help and to Stephan who slurps coffee louder than most. Thank you guys. Lloyd
 View Profile Link to this post
jasonscheltus
jasonscheltus
Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Jul 6, 2008, 5:17am
Subject: Re: Square Mile Coffee

....and you can try it at Gwilym's coffee cart behind Columbia Road flower market on Sundays, and at his Whitechapel St location Mondays and Tuesdays, I think.

I had a couple today and they were lovely. A blend of a Guatemalan coffee called El Bosque and a Rwandan coffee from the Nyamagabe Co-op, if I remember correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong).
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TimStyles
TimStyles

Posted Sun Jul 6, 2008, 9:08am

I also could be wrong, but I think you're right Jason. As far as I know, that's the blend Stephen used in the WBC's.

At the house at the moment, I have both of them, as separate single origins. Tried the El Bosque in the Eva Solo today, and really enjoyed it.
gwilym2

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jul 6, 2008, 11:55am

Glad you enjoyed it Jason
we were struggling this morning with the new timer fitted to the anfim. so i am glad it shone through!
timer was great but we need to get used to the new skills needed to use it.
(ok i know it cannot be hard but it is sunday morning. when it clicked that it grinds more on a courser dose  than on a finer dose things fell into place)

it was the blend stephen used.
i actually managed to get hold of his left overs from the wbc and use it at whitecross when we ran short
5mcoffee

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: Gaggia Classic | Aeropress
Posted Fri Jul 11, 2008, 1:58pm

Gwilym, whats the postcode or nearest tube?
I'm keen to pop down for a coffee
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
jasonscheltus
jasonscheltus

Posted Fri Jul 11, 2008, 2:36pm

There's a map on google showing a few places coffee places in London allowing modification too, i.e. you find a good place and you can add it here, this link shows where Gwilym's place is.

The nearest tube seems to be Old Street.
gwilym2

Posted Sat Jul 12, 2008, 8:41am

bit hard to find but if you manage please introduce yourself.
it is sunday, so we are always up for a chat
bagelfairy

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2008, 12:39pm

If you're looking for Square Mile Coffee you can also try Bea's of Bloomsbury, my cake shop---out near Holborn tube and the beans are fantastic I have to admit!  Coincidentally I helped Stephen with his Sig Drink for the WBC's which was a lot of fun as well!

But yeah, absolutely stellar coffee, and they're going to be selling retail fairly soon so that should be awesome.

-b
TimStyles
TimStyles

Posted Tue Jul 15, 2008, 4:51am

Don't forget to check out the tricked out Anfim and awesome cakes while you're there!
5mcoffee

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: Gaggia Classic | Aeropress
Posted Tue Jul 15, 2008, 2:17pm

Thanks Jason

A useful map.

It won't be this weekend unfortunately Gwilym but I'll make myself known.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > UK > Square Mile...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.228399991989)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+