Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Creative Coffee vs Idrinkcoffee?
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Creative Coffee...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
gibson00

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon May 12, 2014, 11:19am
Subject: Creative Coffee vs Idrinkcoffee?

Hi all, hope it isn't frowned upon, asking for comparisons of two retailers.
These two have the goods I am looking for, and prices are comparable.
Any reason to choose one over the other (I've never ordered from either)??
Thx!!
 View Profile Link to this post
Burner0000

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia, VFA Expres...
Grinder: Macap MX/VFA N1464/Kyocera...
Drip: Manual Drip, French Press
Roaster: Behmor 1600 / Sonofresco
Posted Mon May 12, 2014, 11:43am
Subject: Re: Creative Coffee vs Idrinkcoffee?

gibson00 Said:

Hi all, hope it isn't frowned upon, asking for comparisons of two retailers.
These two have the goods I am looking for, and prices are comparable.
Any reason to choose one over the other (I've never ordered from either)??
Thx!!

Posted May 12, 2014 link

I haven
t ordered from creative coffee yet.. I have however bought from Idrinkcoffee.  Nothing but good prices and good service so far.  If they both have what you need at about the same price I'd go with whichever is the closest so you can get your toys faster. :p
 View Profile Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Sylvain

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig K30 Vario
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Tue May 13, 2014, 6:47am

Hello, I have placed order from theses 2 sellers.  Have had great experience with both.

Sylvain
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
gibson00

Posted Fri May 16, 2014, 5:17am

Don't suppose anyone has had warranty experiences with either?
One website offers a rebate towards future purchases, the other seems to have a bit better communication....
canuckcoffeeguy
canuckcoffeeguy

Espresso: Bezzera Magica, Mypressi...
Grinder: K10PB, Vario, Hario Slim
Vac Pot: I have a Dyson vacuum, but,...
Drip: Aeropress, Bialetti Brikka,...
Posted Fri May 16, 2014, 7:36am

I purchased my Vario from Idrinkcoffee. However, I live close enough to drive there and shop in person. Thatís especially important to me when buying equipment. Nothing like seeing gear up close, being able to touch it, and asking questions face-to-face.

The Idrinkcoffee staff are friendly and helpful and they have a good selection. Sometimes the store is busy and itís hard for them to keep up with the customers. But theyíre not a big box store like Walmart which can hire loads of people.

I also buy roasted coffee from them. They are the only roaster I know of, in Canada, that carries beans from Daterra Farms.
greggb
greggb

Espresso: Bezzera Selenia
Grinder: Rocky; Capresso Infinity
Vac Pot: Yama SY5
Drip: Aeropress; Melitta; Brikka
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sat May 31, 2014, 7:15am

I deal with iDrinkCoffee in person (since I live about 20 mins away). I've bought a number of items from them over the years. They have happily replaced my Bonavita kettle three times under warranty. I have been very happy with their service and continue to shop there and recommend then to others.

Gregg.
gibson00

Posted Sat May 31, 2014, 8:12am

greggb Said:

I deal with iDrinkCoffee in person (since I live about 20 mins away). I've bought a number of items from them over the years. They have happily replaced my Bonavita kettle three times under warranty. I have been very happy with their service and continue to shop there and recommend then to others.

Gregg.

Posted May 31, 2014 link

Thanks, I went ahead ad purchased a Rocket Giotto and Vario grinder from them, along with a few accessories.  Everything was quick and smooth.  :)

Cheers
TheCodFather

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Delonghi  Caffe...
Grinder: Ranchillio Rocky
Drip: Areopress
Posted Thu Jun 26, 2014, 9:55am

I bought a previously loved Lelit espresso machine from Idrinkcoffee a couple of years ago and within 4 months it stopped working . I tried to contact and e-mail Idrinkcoffee but NEVER received a response of any kind . I eventually  got fed up , stopped e-mailing and calling and now my machine is inn it's box in my back room . For good or bad that was my experience .

For Sale : 100 Encyclopedia Book Set !!!!!

I just got married and no longer need them ,
She already knows  EVERYTHING !!!!!
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Thu Jun 26, 2014, 4:24pm

TheCodFather Said:

I bought a previously loved Lelit espresso machine from Idrinkcoffee a couple of years ago and within 4 months it stopped working . I tried to contact and e-mail Idrinkcoffee but NEVER received a response of any kind . I eventually  got fed up , stopped e-mailing and calling and now my machine is inn it's box in my back room . For good or bad that was my experience .

Posted June 26, 2014 link

That's really unfortunate; really unfortunate as even a couple years later the fact that they didn't respond serves as a blemish on their reputation.  They may have legitimately missed the communication, but it doesn't go over well.

For what it's worth I ordered from IDrinkCoffee when buying my Bezzera Strega.  Shipping from Ontario, Canada to Los Angeles through customs was 1 week.  There was a plastic piece that needed replacement due to shipping damage, and they shipped that out promptly so I could replace that.  (They offered to handle service, but I can handle most repairs okay.)  So I'm happy with the service they gave me.  I also got an extra year of warranty from buying through IDC.
TheCodFather

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Delonghi  Caffe...
Grinder: Ranchillio Rocky
Drip: Areopress
Posted Mon Jun 30, 2014, 8:12am

DanoM Said:

That's really unfortunate; really unfortunate as even a couple years later the fact that they didn't respond serves as a blemish on their reputation.  They may have legitimately missed the communication, but it doesn't go over well.

For what it's worth I ordered from IDrinkCoffee when buying my Bezzera Strega.  Shipping from Ontario, Canada to Los Angeles through customs was 1 week.  There was a plastic piece that needed replacement due to shipping damage, and they shipped that out promptly so I could replace that.  (They offered to handle service, but I can handle most repairs okay.)  So I'm happy with the service they gave me.  I also got an extra year of warranty from buying through IDC.

Posted June 26, 2014 link

I guess they could have missed the communication but the failure happened 3rd week of November after the Santa Clause Parade as I was making hot coffees to thaw out . I stopped asking for help at the end of February and gave it up as a lost cause . I guess they could have missed all those .!!!!!

TCF

For Sale : 100 Encyclopedia Book Set !!!!!

I just got married and no longer need them ,
She already knows  EVERYTHING !!!!!
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Creative Coffee...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.293166875839)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+