Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
roasters on matheson
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > roasters on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
i_am_miguel

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: yes please
Grinder: i got that too
Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 4:43pm
Subject: roasters on matheson

Has anyone tried the 2 roasters on Matheson in Mississauga?
Barocco coffee company. And java works.
I'm getting tired of ordering online.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
tuffdante

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58, Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Vario, Kyocera Hand Grinder
Drip: Chemex, Aeropress, Clever...
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 6:23pm
Subject: Re: roasters on matheson

I picked up a bag of espresso from Javaworks and wasn't pleased as it wasn't really freshly roasted. (measured in days past roast date not weeks). Barocco looks interesting... until now I had never seen it. I work/live in Mississauga and I feel like there really isn't an indie coffee scene.
 View Profile Link to this post
Redbone
Redbone
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brasilia cappuccino del-1
Grinder: Brasilia BFD flat burr...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800
Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014, 10:50am

There is also Muldoon's own on Timberlea and Reunion Island Coffee bordering Oakville. You can find Carvalho,s coffee alsonin Oakville. These are all roasters. For the espresso fans I recommend Pig Iron Roasters.
i_am_miguel

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014, 7:35pm

Muldoons doesn't have espresso.  The say the dark roast is what they reccomend but it is nasty.  Just like drinking charcoal.
I emailed pig iron a few times with no reply.  I was wondering if I could pick up from there
IkarusBySarp
IkarusBySarp
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Controvento
Grinder: Macap M4D Digital
Roaster: Happy Goat Coffee
Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014, 10:05pm

Good Evening Miguel,

Barocco Coffee Company has some really nice roasts for you to consider. I would highly recommend giving them a shot. As to how I know this:

I used to work for an espresso bar called "B Espresso Bar" which was at the time owned by the general manager of Barocco Roastery. The GM himself had been in the coffee industry with B for many years before finally making the switch over, and I have to say they are very dedicated to their roasts.

If you would like to try them out prior to buying their roasted beans, just visit either of the B Espresso locations (RCM - Royal Conservatory of Music OR Queen/Jarvis nearby George Restaurant) - in addition to B, I do know that they are being served around other places as well. I am personally fan of their 70% arabica/ 30% robusta blend.

At B, we used (used to meaning when I used to work there) to get our freshly roasted beans weekly as to make sure it remained fresh. In addition, the sales reps would come in regularly to quiz the barista to see if we knew what we were doing as well.

Long story short, definitely worth the try. As for Reunion Island Coffee out of Oakville, I had them near Cabbagetown, at an espresso bar named "Red Rocket Fuel" and I am also very impressed with them as well. RRF stands by their quality to a point where it is their house brand. I was having a conversation with one of their managers the other day and he said it flat-out, when you think RRF, want you to think Reunion Island, and I do.

I hope this helps :)
i_am_miguel

Posted Fri Jul 4, 2014, 8:19pm

Just an update, from a while ago.  Barocco has a Brazilian bean in a blue bag.  It is pretty good.  The other blends Itriesd don't have enough body for me.  I am partial to Sumatra so....it might be just me.  The people are friendly there.  But the special Brazil inthe blue bag is worth trying if are in that area
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > roasters on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183293104172)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+