Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
email2r2
email2r2
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 1:32pm
Subject: Re: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

iDrinkCoffeeCanada Said:

We have just undergone extensive renovations to our showroom and offices so our regular business has been disrupted.

Slawek Janicki
iDrinkCoffee.com

Posted September 8, 2012 link

Finally got a reply to my emails. In September they had renovations, now the excuse was: I'm sorry for my delayed responses, I have been handling the job of two people over the last few weeks.

Probably all true but from my point of view, if you can't keep the pace with your online sales, just stop selling online.
 View Profile Link to this post
Abnuceals

Posted Sat May 18, 2013, 3:38pm

Hi, I'm in the market for a new machine and since a few days I tried to send an email to Idrinkcoffee to discuss about a price. But no answer from them, only an automated answer from Google " Delivery Status Notification (Delay)". Apparently Google is not able to link with idrinkcoffee servers. I know that they are not very fast on replies, but if they do not receive messages anymore, it's another thing... Does anyone know what is happening with them ?
greggb
greggb

Espresso: Bezzera Selenia
Grinder: Rocky; Capresso Infinity
Vac Pot: Yama SY5
Drip: Aeropress; Melitta; Brikka
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Tue May 28, 2013, 7:02am

Abnuceals Said:

Does anyone know what is happening with them ?

Posted May 18, 2013 link

I was at the store a few days ago - all is well. I would try calling them, select sales from the menu, if you get voice-mail, just call again (they don't pick up the phone if they are busy with customers).
masterbrewer

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07P
Roaster: iRoast II
Posted Mon Jun 3, 2013, 4:09pm

I sent them an email on April 24th, still awaiting the response. I bought a new grinder and machine from them over a couple years ago and emailed about buying a replacement group gasket and asked if they had any ideas why my steam pressure might be getting weak.

I've sent five locals to them over the past couple years who also bought machines and grinders. Long story short - I won't be back. This ain't no EspressoPlanet folks!

Make beer not war....
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
kimbo5

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Fri Aug 30, 2013, 6:10am

I have used IDC in the past for coffee, grinders, and Espresso machines. I am more than happy from their service, I have had replies in 24 hours and they have honored their warranty always, 100%.

They are busy though, if you cannot get hold of them, keep trying till you reach them. I have spoken with Slawek and Richard and Pawel, they are all very very happy to assist you with your purchase and after sale service.

Their coffee is ALWAYS fresh!
Mrparapluie
Mrparapluie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Ascaso iSteel 1 (54 flat...
Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013, 9:59pm

I have buy from idrinkcoffee.ca last week. The service was super and the shipping too. I also ask a few question about some grinder (via facebook) and i always receive a reply the same day. Im going to buy a grinder from idrinkcoffee and i asked for a free gift (cleaning brush tool) and they accept, really nice :)

Greatest price in canada for new item !
Splendid

Espresso: Yes
Grinder: Yes
Vac Pot: No
Drip: No
Roaster: No
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:33am

Hit or miss service, but mostly miss. I have bought a few things from idrink and customer service was always terrible. Avoid them if possible and support a store that actually wants to help you.
doodle

Espresso: Lelit PL41EM
Posted Wed Dec 11, 2013, 11:27am

My 2¢ on idrinkcoffee.ca.

Satisfied purchaser of a couple of pieces of kit purchased there (a Lelit and a Bonavita dripper), and have had no shipping issues at all—stuff has gotten to me in less than 4 business days. I then tried emailing a couple of times about buying a portafilter gasket, and not gotten a reply, which was unimpressive; subsequently went through all sorts of credit-card/mailing address contortions (because Canada) to get some gaskets from the US (1st-line). Ugh.

Recently I needed to replace the o-rings on my steam wand, and really didn't want to have to do the US thing again, so I called (not emailed) idrinkcoffee to see if they carried the parts (even if they didn't list them on their online site), or at least could steer me in the right direction. I was steeling myself to pay quite a bit! They were very friendly and helpful—they knew exactly the part I wanted, and, because I bought my machine there (3 years ago!), and it's such a small part—they mailed the rings to me for free (which I was neither expecting or asking for.)

So, yeah, their responsiveness isn't perfect, especially via email—but when I did make contact with them their service was absolutely top-notch!
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
MTL_Pierre

Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 2:26pm

My 2oz on my shopping experience with idrinkcoffee.com

I've been a reader of this forum for a few years... Last January, I bought my first real espresso setup within my budget! Upgrading from a Saeco Vienna...

After choosing a Rancilio Silvia (and yes, I was aware about temp surfing and the other limitations of the Silvia) and Baratza Vario. I went locally in Montreal and online to try to find the best combination of price and service.

I decided to go with idrinkcoffee.com because they offered a 2 years warranty (including free shipping both ways) which none of the local dealer offered, and the price I got during their New Year's Eve sale was 200$ less than buying locally in Montreal...

So I went with them, knowing their track record isn't perfect after reading customers experience online... And yes, as everybody said, idrinkcoffee.com responsiveness via email was really bad... They should actually cancel their email account!!! But like others, when I spoke with them on the phone, their service was really good! They really want to make potential and actual customers happy!

I spoke to the owner Slawek, he answered all of my questions about my kit, shipping, warranty and also swap one item in their "free bonus kit" free of charge!

2 things they should try to get better...

1: Their email support is really sub-par considering we are in 2014 and I'm sure they are losing business because of that... Some customers won't bother to call them if they don't get an answer by email...

2: Their online shopping cart/confirmation emails/shipment tracking experience is also so-so, not as good as the service they seems they want to provide. They should really hired someone to upgrade their website, especially the "transactional" side of it.

So in conclusion, the price was quite better than anywhere else in Canada, shipping was fast considering I use standard shipping, and once I got them on the phone I had a very good customer service experience!

Would I purchased from idrinkcoffee.com in the future, absolutely!

Regards,

Pierre
Baldrake

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014, 12:19pm

Do these guys ever haggle or is it listed price only?
showing page 5 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.262850999832)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+