Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
diggi
diggi
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Spaz vivaldi S1 V2
Grinder: B Vario, OE LIDO
Drip: Chemex, Espro Press,...
Roaster: Poppery I
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 7:14pm
Subject: Re: Feedback on idrinkcoffee.ca

wheelz Said:

So far I was able to talk to someone twice on the phone and both times they told me I would receive an email with a UPS label within the hour. Nothing received after a day.

I sent an email as well, we'll see if I have more success tomorrow with it.  I hope I gets smoother, because the 3 weeks old grinder just does not work and this was a big "gift" for the family.  What scares is me is this is the first step.  The service was pretty quick when I bought the grinder and espresso machine, it shouldn't take that long to send an email with a UPS label.

Posted January 21, 2013 link

In fairness; Your posts are only 1 hr and 13mins apart from the time you started contacting them to when you are posting about concerns with the service you are getting. Within that time-frame you called and were able to speak with 2 people. Goodness, give them at least a week before starting to call foul on that one. I understand that this is a big issue for you and you want it dealt with quickly, but I think your expectations of service are a bit unrealistic at the moment. Have faith. They will look after you.
 View Profile Link to this post
wheelz

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 7:27pm

I understand my last message was misleading.  I actually called this morning, when I spoke to someone and that was perfect.  I will wait and see for tomorrow or this week.  Thanks for the positive note about them and the response.  I do like the product I received and just hope to get it back working.
wheelz

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013, 3:19pm

The grinder was sent via UPS last Thursday.  Idrinkcoffee.ca received it on Monday and I got it back today.  It works better then when it was new, so I'm guessing something was jammed from the start.  Really happy to have it back and that the service was so quick.  Outside of the many phone calls to get the UPS label, it was A1 service.  Thumbs up.
diggi
diggi

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013, 4:15pm

wheelz Said:

Outside of the many phone calls to get the UPS label, it was A1 service.  Thumbs up.

Posted January 29, 2013 link

Good to hear. I can understand your annoyance at multiple calls to get the ball rolling. Glad things worked out for you.
Hamtaro

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Saeco Sirena
Grinder: Rocky Doser
Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013, 2:23pm

Dhound Said:

I'm looking to buy a high quality espresso machine in the GTA.  On my target list is the Vibiemme Double Domo and I notice the above store in Milton has them.  Any feedback on them?  Also any other places I should be looking?  I've looked thoruhg the post and come up with Gree Beanery, Espresso Planet and Morala.  I'd prefer to buy it locally for reasons of returns/maintenance etc.  

Thanks in advance,

Dhound

Posted February 25, 2010 link

I got Rocket Giotto Plus with them. Richard is a nice guy to deal with. He's pretty reasonable. He should cut down on his caffeine though. I think. :)
espressoplanet
espressoplanet
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: QM, LaSpaz, Rancilio, Izzo,...
Grinder: Baratza, Mazzer, Macap,...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Bonavita, Behmore, Capresso
Roaster: Behmore 1600
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 3:29pm

Endo Said:

Good luck. Thye don't answer the phone and are very slow to answer by e-mail. They will take your money if you order online (and if they actually have what they say in stock), but don't expect much else in way of service.

I much prefer EspressoPlanet. You pay a bit more but it's worth it.

Posted January 21, 2013 link

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Josh.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Bostonontario
Bostonontario

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:13am

Does anyone know if they have a once-a-year sale when its "the" time to buy from them? or do they run sales every so often? I see the open box section but I have yet to catch what equipment I am looking for.
email2r2
email2r2

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 6:51pm

Just bought a $2K QM67 from them. Shipping was fast (Ont to Qc). While I was waiting for the machine to arrive,I first ask them if they could provide the electrical and plumbing schematics because I'm a technician and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to troubleshoot most of the problems when the warranty will be over. Didn't got any reply for that matter. Now I'm trying to do initial start-up on the machine but there's a problem for sure. Sent them a second email...I'll keep you posted with the outcome.
email2r2
email2r2

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013, 5:37pm

email2r2 Said:

Just bought a $2K QM67 from them. Shipping was fast (Ont to Qc). While I was waiting for the machine to arrive,I first ask them if they could provide the electrical and plumbing schematics because I'm a technician and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to troubleshoot most of the problems when the warranty will be over. Didn't got any reply for that matter. Now I'm trying to do initial start-up on the machine but there's a problem for sure. Sent them a second email...I'll keep you posted with the outcome.

Posted March 20, 2013 link

Finally all I got was a parts list and that came from chriscoffee. My machine had a broken plastic pipe and a clogged restrictor that was disabling the filling of the steam boiler. I'm lucky this was brand new. That's all the support I got. Unless you're living in their area and are able to actually go to their store, I would buy from a closer seller. I think there's a 2 years warranty but in fact I think I'm on my own with this one. I got much better service from zcafe with my previous Rancilio Silvia. As for the QM67, I'm pretty sure that the restrictor in question will clog again eventually by loose scale.
diggi
diggi

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013, 5:53pm

email2r2 Said:

Finally all I got was a parts list and that came from chriscoffee.

Posted March 22, 2013 link

I have had an issue with my Spaz, and ordered a part end of Feb. Just received it yesterday (but won't get back home to install and test out the fix for another week or so). Needless to say, I too was unimpressed. In their defense, their service guy (Lloyd) is no longer with the company and I think they're trying to scramble to find his replacement and get their service center in order.  I've had previous positive experiences, and hope this is a temporary glitch.
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Feedback on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.32309794426)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+