Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Coffee in Hamilton, ON?
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Coffee in...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
Author Messages
RedCrowCoffee
RedCrowCoffee
Expertise: Professional

Posted Wed Aug 1, 2012, 5:54pm
Subject: Re: Coffee in Hamilton, ON?

Oh, and as to...

altiplano Said:

@RedCrow. Do you guys grind all of your coffee for the day at start of shift? When I was in it was being scooped out of a can into the portafilter. What's the reason behind that? Or was it another 'one of'....

Posted July 29, 2012 link

If you're referring to espresso... our grinder is right beside our classic Gaggia... we grind every shot as ordered...

As we have only one grinder, we do "pre-grind" some decaf... maybe that's what you're thinking of? But our regular expresso is ground on order... why anyone would bother with a decaf espresso is beyond me, but hey....

;-)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
zane9

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012, 6:55am

I bought some excellent roasted beans at Red Crow, supplied by Speakeasy. One batch was a dark roast blend - approaching Full City with low acidity, the other was a lighter blend but so full bodied.

This past Saturday I enjoyed a great pour-over at the Red Hill coffee bar at the Farmers Market. Hamilton has some terrific coffee options!
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeZombie

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Sep 5, 2012, 5:09am

detour's definitely got some good stuff
altiplano

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 4:53pm

@RedCrow - Look Pal, I just call it like I see it, yet according to you my whole account is impossible...  I really wanted to like your shop, I love good coffee shops and seek them out in every city I go to, and I find myself in a lot, but it is all true to my experience, stale beans, beans not ground fresh for my shot, and a horrible drink. Are you overseeing everything thats goes over your counter?Of course you're not. So how can you be so sure? You've got an excuse for everything and your attitude gives me one more reason to put a big miss for your shop. In addition I'd suggest that arguing with customers is typically a bad policy. Good luck anyway...
RedCrowCoffee
RedCrowCoffee
Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:24pm

Wow... "Pal", really.... LOL!!  

So you say "...suggest that arguing with customers is typically a bad policy"... so does that mean your comments should go unaddressed... I think not!!  As to whether I see everything that goes on, or out over the counter, no... but I did put the procedures in place and I am here 7-days a week, so if anyone is qualified to respond to your comment... Looks like I'm the one!!  Most customers, if they find something not to their liking usually make a comment while on site so it can be addressed, but you don't... hmmm? Strange...  Anyway, lots of great new coffee shops in the Hammer... I'm sure you'll find one to your liking... as to us, we'll just go on making the best Americanos in town... and from the compliments we get regularly, both from locals and those form out of town, we have a whole lot of people who are thrilled by our coffee!
altiplano

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 1:11pm

RedCrowCoffee Said:

does that mean your comments should go unaddressed... I think not!!  As to whether I see everything that goes on, or out over the counter, no... but I did put the procedures in place and I am here 7-days a week, so if anyone is qualified to respond to your comment... Looks like I'm the one!!  Most customers, if they find something not to their liking usually make a comment while on site so it can be addressed, but you don't... hmmm? Strange...

Posted January 31, 2013 link

Nothing wrong with responding to a comment,  I think it's what you should do, but you basically go on to call me a liar, like my whole experience was some form of fantasy.. rather than just saying, "hey, sorry we didn't meet your expectations, its not the way things are usually done blah blah blah."

Won't be back, more now for my dislike of you than your coffee and I'll be sure to tell my friends... cheers.
Bostonontario
Bostonontario

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2013, 1:15pm

piuforte Said:

have you visited carvalhocoffee.ca?

Gabriel imports coffee from the family plantation. Very passionate about coffee. Just off of Bronte at the south service road.

Posted June 27, 2012 link

Gabriel is the man and has excellent prices.

I also like Speakeasy but his prices are almost double Carvalho's.
lost

Grinder: Baratza Maestro,Mazzer Super...
Vac Pot: Elec. Sunbeam, Cory,...
Drip: Newco, Clever Dripper,...
Roaster: Hearthware Precision
Posted Sat Jun 29, 2013, 6:08am

I concur, Gabriel has excellent product. Very meticulous in his approach.
ErichsKroenung
ErichsKroenung

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013, 8:30am

I'm new here on the forums, and moved to Hamilton almost two years ago.  This is a great thread, and gives me some fantastic information-thanks everyone, and to OP!
BrazilGabriel
BrazilGabriel
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco
Grinder: Versalab
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Diedrich
Posted Fri Aug 2, 2013, 11:39am

Hi Guys ! Thanks for the mention !  We do our best with the best brazilian coffee ! In our case, our own production. Our farm is in the family since 1890. We are not exactly in Hamilton...but not so far.  Cheers !  Gabriel
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Coffee in...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.278782844543)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+