Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Canadian Online Stores
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Canadian Online...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
BrazilGabriel
BrazilGabriel
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco
Grinder: Versalab
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Diedrich
Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011, 5:27pm
Subject: Re: Canadian Online Stores

I have been to idrinkcoffee in Milton,
and they have a wide selection of equipment
coffee machines, grinders, tampers, etc

Cheers
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
innermusic
innermusic
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Silvano
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Macap MXK
Posted Tue May 10, 2011, 5:01pm

I just started using idrinkcoffee and so far they have been great. Bought my Silvano from them, bottomless PF, and they do have a wonderful roast called "Espresso Yellow". I also like a couple of roasts at greenbeanery
i_am_miguel

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: yes please
Grinder: i got that too
Posted Sat Jun 4, 2011, 4:54pm

idrinkcoffee is a nice little store.  they let you play with the machines too.  makes buying easier.  i made probably 20 shots practicing and experimenting there.
Sylvain

Espresso: La Marzocco GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig K30 Vario
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Wed Jun 8, 2011, 6:00am

I have made several purchase at Idrinkcoffee.com.  Slawek is a real pleasure to deal with.  The last buy I have made at this store is a GS3.  :O)

Sylvain
Bob_McBob
Bob_McBob
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu Jun 9, 2011, 1:50am

Out of all the places I've bought coffee equipment from in North America, I'd say Slawek from idrinkcoffee has been the most consistently friendly and helpful owner/rep.  I have only been to the store once, and I wish I had time to check out the equipment on display.

Chris
slow1234

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011, 2:25pm

I know this is an out of date thread to add to, but if people are looking for feedback/reviews of idrinkcoffee, here are my 2 cents worth...

I've tried contacting idrinkcoffee both by email and phone twice each over the last 1.5 weeks RE warranty service.  They have yet to return my calls/emails.  I was impressed by their service when purchasing the machine, but not so impressed now with their lack of service regarding machine issues.

Chris
 View Profile Link to this post
slow1234

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011, 2:59pm

slow1234 Said:

I know this is an out of date thread to add to, but if people are looking for feedback/reviews of idrinkcoffee, here are my 2 cents worth...

I've tried contacting idrinkcoffee both by email and phone twice each over the last 1.5 weeks RE warranty service.  They have yet to return my calls/emails.  I was impressed by their service when purchasing the machine, but not so impressed now with their lack of service regarding machine issues.

Chris

Posted July 26, 2011 link

Literally minutes after I posted this, Slawek called from idrinkcoffee.com and he's sending a replacement machine.  I'm happier with the service now!
HerschelR

Espresso: Quickmill Andreja
Grinder: Baratza vario
Posted Fri Aug 5, 2011, 2:00pm

The beans I've received from Social are just great - various blends to try, and for 3/4 lb bags around $13-$16 (with free shipping if your order > $20), you can't lose.

It's the first beans I've ordered where the 'description' of the flavours was accurate (at least in terms of my limited palate).  Usually it's just 'hints of jasmine' this or 'vanilla undertones' that, and yeah, tastes like a chocolatey-shot ...

C.
bbnox

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rocket Cellini Prem plus
Grinder: Compak k3 touch
Drip: Hario v60
Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:13pm

Even though i want support Canadian stores but it seems like the USA is offering way more compared to here. I'm looking to get the Rocket Celini but at $1699 from Seattle gear you can get free shipping and these items.
1 of Rattleware Stainless Steel Tamper with Angular Handle - 58mm ($39.95 value!)
1 of Rocket Espresso Backflush Cleaning Basket 58mm ($9.00 value!)
1 of Joe Glo - Espresso Machine Backflush Detergent ($3.99 value!)
1 of 58mm Bottomless Portafilter for Rocket Giotto and Rocket Cellini models ($69.95 value!)
1 of Seattle Coffee Gear's Guide to Rocket Espresso - DVD ($39.95 value!)
1 of 1, 2, Brew Kit - For Espresso Machines ($26.95 value!)

Too bad no Canadian stores can match that kinda deal here. But since im in toronto im guessing the duty on this is going to be an arm and a leg. Pretty sure outside of USA is not free shiping either.  Sigh I need to move to USA to get better deals.
geek
geek
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Kees v.d. Westen Spirit
Grinder: Robur Es
Vac Pot: Hario Siphon
Drip: Fetco
Roaster: 60kg Renegade, 5kg Renegade,...
Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011, 10:07am

While I'm not sure about this specific items there are many times that the US distributors cost is way less than the Canadian one. Free shipping is almost universally the lower 48, we always pay. I know with bike parts, I can order stuff online from the states, and have it shipped here, plus HST, etc for less than the Canadian distributor's price.

Barrett Jones
49th Parallel Coffee Roasters
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Canadian Online...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.241737127304)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+