Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Cafe Myriade
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Cafe Myriade  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 8 last page next page
Author Messages
kanenas

Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Oct 26, 2008, 10:13pm
Subject: Cafe Myriade

It's already past midnight here in Montreal that means it's monday and on this day a new chapter in
Montreals pursuit of coffee exellence is about to begin with the opening this morning of Cafe Myryade.

Want to say congrats and good luck to the owners Anthony Benda and Scot Rao
  2 very talented coffee professionals.
 View Profile Link to this post
Enkerli
Enkerli
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: (At cafés, not at home)
Grinder: Hario hand grinders
Vac Pot: (Moka Pot) Bialetti Brikka
Drip: Steep and release pour-over
Roaster: iRoast-2
Posted Mon Oct 27, 2008, 7:32pm
Subject: Re: Cafe Myriade

I really have high hopes for Myriade and I do think the whole team will be instrumental in what I tend to call "Montreal's Coffee Renaissance." It just feels like all the pieces of the puzzle are now in place. As I'm not a coffee professional, what I see is the exact type of enthusiasm which can make culinary coffee into a local movement. It's not about markets and numbers. It's about passion, engagement, social significance.
James Golick and Daniel Haran also sound pretty enthusiastic.

Not to be too self-serving but here are two blogposts I wrote about Myriade:
I'm sure there will be many more blog- and forum posts about Myriade before week's end.

Alex
http://enkerli.com/
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Link to this post
cr8n
cr8n
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Smiling Goat, Two If By Sea...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso, Hario...
Vac Pot: Yama 2-cup; vintage Sunbeam
Drip: Technivorm, Chemex, too many...
Roaster: I-Roast 2
Posted Tue Oct 28, 2008, 7:32am

I am heading to Montreal in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to visiting Myriade.  I actually booked a hotel near Veritas expecting to spend much time there, but I guess I have to  split my time between Anthony's new place and old place.

I would be interested in a sneak preview of the equipment setup at Myriade - expresso machine, grinders, and how he makes non-espresso coffee.

Bob

Bob

Tom: I'll have a decaf coffee.
Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.
Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.
Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
Harris: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
kanenas

Expertise: Professional

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2008, 10:17am

Espresso machine is a 3 group Mirage non espresso coffee is done by Press,Siphon,Solo and pour over station.Tried El Salvador maravalle with Siphon and it was AWSOME.

Spiro
fiddlefly
fiddlefly

Espresso: La Spaz Viv, Cremina...
Grinder: RockyMazzer S-J
Vac Pot: Eva Solo
Drip: Bodum
Roaster: Nope
Posted Wed Oct 29, 2008, 6:23pm

I really like the new place. I feel that Anthony's passion about coffee (and Scott's)
permeates the place. (which Veritas is sadly left without...) That man is very happy about his new digs and it shows!
I am looking forward to going back many times and bringing people along.
I was amazed by the taste of the espresso coming out of the mirage... it is totally different then the synesso, very thrilling.

Long live Myriade

Oh yeah they know their tea too!
Enkerli
Enkerli

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2008, 9:27pm

Thanks Chris for the ping. It got me 30 visits, which helped me reach the largest number of visits on my main blog!
The allongé today was just a thing of beauty. Special blend. Not sure if I'm allowed to say what it is.
And traffic is picking up, at the café. You can just tell that the place will have a big impact on Montreal's coffee scene.

Alex
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Link to this post
jfbleduc

Espresso: Pavoni Pro + old Venus
Posted Mon Nov 10, 2008, 8:42am

Been to Myriade.
Love Myriade.
The space: is small and cozy.
But most importantly, the coffee was amazing.
I had a close to perfect caps, anda nice long allonge (the real stuff), no over extraction, fruity (definitely some orange and floral notes to it, dry).
The staff/owners are very capable and knowlegeable, leaving very little space for improvisation.  Everything is calculated so you get consistently great coffee.
Myriade is a must to the coffee scene in Montreal.  It brings new ways and method to enjoy coffee, such as syphon and pour over.
In a word, there's a "Myriade" of ways to enjoy your favorite fix.
Congrats to my friends Anthony and Chris :-)
Cheers,
JF
cr8n
cr8n

Espresso: Smiling Goat, Two If By Sea...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso, Hario...
Vac Pot: Yama 2-cup; vintage Sunbeam
Drip: Technivorm, Chemex, too many...
Roaster: I-Roast 2
Posted Tue Nov 11, 2008, 5:22pm

cr8n Said:

I am heading to Montreal in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to visiting Myriade.  I actually booked a hotel near Veritas expecting to spend much time there, but I guess I have to  split my time between Anthony's new place and old place.

I would be interested in a sneak preview of the equipment setup at Myriade - expresso machine, grinders, and how he makes non-espresso coffee.

Bob

Posted October 28, 2008 link

I headed straight to Myriade when I arrive in Montreal today (Nov 11).  For some reason I thought it was on Rue Bishop instead of one street west on Mackay.  

Thanks to Anthony and Scott for the great coffee (latte and a siphon pot). Siphon is my favourite brewing method at home, a bit ahead of press-pot because it brews hotter. I now have some tips from Anthony on the grind I should be using.  

The place has a quality feel to it - from the bar setup to the myriade of brewing equipment to the exposed brick wall.  I think I counted three separate menus.

Worth going back to before I leave Montreal on Thursday.

Bob

Tom: I'll have a decaf coffee.
Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.
Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.
Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
Harris: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Endo
Endo

Espresso: machine is < important than...
Grinder: !
Posted Tue Nov 11, 2008, 5:46pm

I went to Myriade last week. Great location next to Concordia University. All the text messaging students should result in a lot of traffic (and money).

I had a Guatamaln Allonge (Luongo). I think it's one of the new 49th blends. It was prepared perfectly on an almost perfect machine (Mirage). Definitely one of the best I've experienced in Montreal.

Still, I like the variety of blends offered at JF's (Caffe in Gamba). Also, when JF gets a fresh shipment of Black Cat and pulls it on his Classic Faema, it's tough to beat.

Veritas has the great backdrop of Old Montreal, a fantastic Synesso 3-group, super classy atmosphere and an amazing lunch menu.

All three places really compliment eachother well and serve different areas of town. Visiting all of them on a Saturday morning makes for a great coffee crawl (and a great caffeine buzz). I'm glad to have so many choices this year! Same time last year we were a coffee wasteland.
Enkerli
Enkerli

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2008, 8:52pm
Subject: Café Crawl (was: Cafe Myriade)

Café crawls are a lot of fun and those three places makes a lot of sense as an itinerary.
These three places really are "fitting the puzzle."
Now, what we need to do, is get the community together.
So... Are we doing a crawl this weekend?

Alex
showing page 1 of 8 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Cafe Myriade  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.2532081604)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+