Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Eastern Canada
Congratulations Amber!! Your #1!!!
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Congratulations...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
drwoo

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Miss Silvia , Saaeco Via...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky , Braun...
Vac Pot: thinking of one
Drip: Bodum FP ,Phillips , Melitta...
Roaster: FR+8
Posted Mon May 28, 2007, 2:53pm
Subject: Congratulations Amber!! Your #1!!!

I saw the Toronto Star article( Living section L16) that you won 1st place in the first annual latte art competition in Torornto Saturday. Too bad so much of the article was quoting Matthew from Mercury Espresso Bar and not more about Amber and Bulldog cafe..

Regards Wayne W
 View Profile Link to this post
citizenA

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: Mirage
Grinder: Robur
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Yum
Roaster: 49th/Ritual/Heart
Posted Mon May 28, 2007, 5:10pm
Subject: Re: Congratulations Amber!! Your #1!!!

Yeah I was there to take in the festivities and she was the deserving winner.  It functioned more as a barista competition than just latte art, sensory and technique factored into the evaluations, unless I'm mistaken.  There were a lot of great baristi in attendance and the atmosphere was great.

There were too many DQ's due to people going overtime though, hopefully they'll add a couple minutes to the limit next time around.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Keytaykat
Keytaykat
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2007, 3:19am

Well thank you! I'm quite surprised, in fact, but very happy of course!
It was an interesting experience, and yes, definately felt more like a scaled-down barista competition than purely a latte art competition! More time for the competitors should be given for next year. I set my last drink down, literally, on the last second.
I was also happy to celebrate with Edward Lynds of Dark Horse (come find us working together there on Wednesdays!), who placed second overall and best technical. Alessandro of B Espresso was third (with the usual entertaining antics... we love you Allie), and my venerable teacher Phong Tran of Matter of Taste snagged the best taste award.
Looking forward to September's National Barista Comp. should be fierce!
Cheers,
Amber
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JarrettH

Grinder: Starbucks Barista Burr
Posted Sat Jun 9, 2007, 1:15pm

Congrats Amber!!!

I was just in Dark Horse yesterday - my first time! It's HUGE and I love the decor (the massive wooden table). Lots of selection of french press coffees too. It must be five times the size of bulldog heh.
When I am downtown I visit bulldog once or twice...it's a treat, nothing like this in Port Credit where I live. I think I talked to you a couple times when I came in and you made me a waves design! I was the one working at Starbucks in Port Credit (Mississauga). Sadly all I can pour are hearts which are hit or miss due to pitcher size and the spout is more like a bump :P
 View Profile Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Noonievut

Grinder: Rocky DL
Vac Pot: Other - Aeropress, Clever,...
Posted Sun Jun 10, 2007, 4:10pm

Congrats.

Are you no longer at Bulldog?  I usually try and get there around once a week and last couple of times you weren't there (just wondering as I miss the very carefully prepared double espesso and the artistic double macchiatto).

I work around Bay/King and I think Dark House is a little too far away for a 1 hour lunch break :-(
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Canada East > Congratulations...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200612068176)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+