Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Best Instant Coffee
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Best Instant...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
psaigh
psaigh
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Z9 (lever piston),...
Grinder: Roburr E, K10, KR1203, Mini,...
Vac Pot: Hario TCA-2, 3
Drip: Kona, aeropress, melitta,...
Roaster: 5 Senses
Posted Tue Mar 18, 2008, 3:37am
Subject: Re: Best Instant Coffee

Barista_and_Sons Said:

"... what is Nescafe blend43?'

Concerning your question regarding Nescafe Blend 43 and a great question it is by the way...

the below is referenced from  http://www.nestle.com.au/Products/Drinks/Nescafe/Default.htm

Only the best beans are selected and make it into a NESCAFÉ coffee. Bring café quality coffee into your home and unlock the rich flavours of the delicious NESCAFÉ coffee range.

So whether you like your coffee silky smooth, full bodied and flavorsome or dark and intense.
Make it Blend 43.

Poetry really, 43 beans in every cup.

Enjoy.

Posted March 17, 2008 link

Please tell me this is sarcasm

coffeekid94 Said:

Thanks for that guys. Good stuff.

Click Here (www.youtube.com) --Old Folgers ad

No it isn't, it really, REALLY isnt...

...Ian

Http://www.bar9.com.au
Http://BarNine.Blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/BarNine
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
coffeekid94

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: A cheap DeLongi one.
Drip: Yes, just some old one.
Posted Tue Mar 18, 2008, 7:07pm

At least now I have got my espresso, so I don't have to worry about instant anymore.
 View Profile Link to this post
ScottieC
ScottieC

Espresso: ECM Giotto, and get to play...
Grinder: Best Home Grinder by ECA,...
Vac Pot: Cona, Hario
Roaster: I get to play on Joper 5 kg
Posted Thu Mar 20, 2008, 12:51am

Barista_and_Sons Said:

"... what is Nescafe blend43?'

Concerning your question regarding Nescafe Blend 43 and a great question it is by the way...

the below is referenced from  http://www.nestle.com.au/Products/Drinks/Nescafe/Default.htm

Only the best beans are selected and make it into a NESCAFÉ coffee. Bring café quality coffee into your home and unlock the rich flavours of the delicious NESCAFÉ coffee range.

So whether you like your coffee silky smooth, full bodied and flavorsome or dark and intense.
Make it Blend 43.

Poetry really, 43 beans in every cup.

Enjoy.

Yeah this 'grinding on demand' stuff is so overated, I am coming up with my own range of instant coffee. I will keep you posted, I am going to make it out of some of that Esmarelda stuff, roast it real darklike, coat it in some caramel syrup and then brew up some thick black coffee. Then crystalize it grind it up and wallah just add hot water.

"Esmarelda Instant"

Yeah baby
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
psaigh
psaigh

Espresso: Rancilio Z9 (lever piston),...
Grinder: Roburr E, K10, KR1203, Mini,...
Vac Pot: Hario TCA-2, 3
Drip: Kona, aeropress, melitta,...
Roaster: 5 Senses
Posted Thu Mar 20, 2008, 4:55am

LMAO =D

Can't wait to see nescafe's brand new line of instant cup of excellence microlots.  Or national farmers geisha iced coffee!

...Ian

Http://www.bar9.com.au
Http://BarNine.Blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/BarNine
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
DanH

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: GS/3
Grinder: K10 Fresh
Drip: Trifecta MB
Roaster: Quest M3
Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 7:28am

Seriously, I truly am trying to determine if there is a drinkable instant coffee out there.  Why?  I'm hopelessly addicted to caffeine and I'm going on a 10-day backpacking trip on the John Muir Trail and I need to carry as little weight as possible.  Ounces turn into pounds and pounds turn into misery, especially at 10,000 to 14,500 feet.  Plus I'm a big believer in the 'leave no trace' ethic so I'd have to carry the wet, spent grounds out with me.  

If the conclusion is that there's no such thing as a drinkable instant coffee, my alternative is to get some caffeine pills.  I don't want to kill the joy of such a hike with caffeine-withdrawal headaches.  Note that I've been careful to say 'drinkable' and not delicious.
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 11:34am

These guys have an opinion on this subject:

Click Here (www.huffingtonpost.com)

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
DanH

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 1:16pm

EricBNC Said:

These guys have an opinion on this subject:

Posted July 21, 2012 link

Thanks for that.  I'll give a couple a try.
TheSunInsideYou
TheSunInsideYou
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: Laranzato HC-600, OE LIDO,...
Vac Pot: Yama 3
Drip: Hario V60, Chemex
Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 1:31pm

psaigh Said:

That's why god inveted red-bull (insert brand of any other high energy caffeine based drink).  Coffee should be savoured for it's wonderful flavours, not it's buzz.  Culinary and quick are not two words often found close to each other.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone, but i view this thread like as if you went to a gourmet chef's forum and asked what was the best 2minute ready meal?

I'm not sure that the invention of Red Bull can be traced to God, but I think your point is on track. Although, I'm not sure you went down the track enough. I think this question is the equivalent of going to chef's forum and asking what the best microwaveable, tv-dinner is.

If you need it for a back-packing, bring an aeropress and a handgrinder that fits in the aeropress. Taking the grounds with you is actually a bad thing for the environment, as the grounds actually enrich the soil and encourage plant growth. There are always options.

-Dave-
DanH

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 5:33pm

TheSunInsideYou Said:

I'm not sure that the invention of Red Bull can be traced to God, but I think your point is on track. Although, I'm not sure you went down the track enough. I think this question is the equivalent of going to chef's forum and asking what the best microwaveable, tv-dinner is.

Well hold on, I'm a coffee geek too.  I'm not going to ask just anyone if there's a tolerable instant coffee.  I want to ask someone who's used to a good cup of coffee, someone whose opinion I can value.  I doubt there's much experience with instants on this site, but just in case there is it would be reliable data.

TheSunInsideYou Said:

If you need it for a back-packing, bring an aeropress and a handgrinder that fits in the aeropress. Taking the grounds with you is actually a bad thing for the environment, as the grounds actually enrich the soil and encourage plant growth. There are always options.

My aeropress and little hand grinder weigh more than a pound.  That's way to much.  Also, leave no trace means just that.  Okay, feces get buried 8 inches deep, but there are no other exceptions.

I'll check out Starbuck's instant.  When you wake up and it's 40 degrees out I bet it will taste pretty good, better than a Red Bull.
xeonsamari
xeonsamari
Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: bezzera Medea
Grinder: compak k3 touch
Drip: bunn Velocity
Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 5:57pm

just as I thought this post has gone to crap :D
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Best Instant...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.337710142136)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+