Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Cambodia Phnom Phen Spinelli Coffee
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Cambodia Phnom...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
rab1965

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio S26
Grinder: Fiorenzato 199
Roaster: GN 60 Probat and Sasa Samiac...
Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011, 6:22am
Subject: Cambodia Phnom Phen Spinelli Coffee

Hi Guys, Gals,

Cambodia is the next Thailand, Next in many things,

Much investment is coming in and the place it really moving.

Dont's
Drink water from taps
Not bring $1 dollar USD bills
Forget to bring donations to the local orphans (pens, paper, clothes, usefull toys) Dont bring rubbish plenty of it there already.

Do's
Take a motobike
Take a Tuk tuk ride
Visit an Orphanage (with all your donations)
Visit Spinelli Coffee, Gloria Jeans, Coffee Bean and post here the best Chain Store.
Visit the Me Kong River Waterfront
Bring a passport photo and $20 USD for Visa on arrival (for Australians) others not sure check your consulate.

Cambodia also has a great nightlife and now quality coffee go knock yourself out.

Ross
Master Roaster
Spinelli Coffee
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Pitou

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Dec 10, 2011, 4:30pm
Subject: Re: Cambodia Phnom Phen Spinelli Coffee

z
 View Profile Link to this post
rab1965

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012, 2:31am

Hi Pitou,

I see you refer to all the chain stores, and great to read your feed back.
We will certianly look into your feedback.

I would welcome the oppertunity to meet up with you in Cambodia on my next trip up there.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail ross.bright@spinellicoffee.com.sg and will let you know when.

You mention that coffee in Cambodia and Vietnam is very strong and bitter, I would agree, very dark roasted robusta coffee's do display those characters.

Not only ourselves but Coffee bean and Gloria Jeans choose to use high quality Arabica coffee and not to serve the local Robusta style coffee, this is what sets us apart reason from the local dark roasted coffee scene.

While Spinelli Coffee is an International Franchise operation, the Master Franchise and store are owned by "Local Cambodians".

With regards to our coffee which should reflect the Cambodia and Vietnam Strong and bitter style, I can happily say that  I will not purchase low grade robusta, roast it till it is black and burnt package it and sent it overseas to please a local taste profile any time soon.

If Arabica coffee is not your cup of tea, by all means drink local.  Luckly there is coffee for everyone to enjoy burnt or not.

I dont think your post is in the spirit of the intention of the original posting, it comes across as a direct attack with what seems, the aim of promoting local stores.

It would be nice if you were to state your interests here.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ross
Pitou

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012, 3:52am

x
Greg009

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2012, 4:17am

Hi Pitou, I dont think you are one of my Cambodian friend whose name is the same as yours!!! Being as one of Spinelli Coffee regular customers, your message has intentionally not only fought Spinelli reputation but also spoiled my mood which have been appreciating Spinelli Coffee by heart. In fact, I am not very sure you are a real coffee drinker; anyway, you may appreciate local coffee because of its bitterness and is very dark that is classified as robusta coffee grown on lower-region other than Arabica (gourmet) coffee which represents full characteristics of coffee. Forget about the coffee knowledge, on behalf of Spinelli regular customer, I would frankly say Spinelli Coffee quality is great that's why they can't stop me from going there almost everyday. My favorite coffee is their cappuccino and there is absolutely no chemical taste or froth but a semi-dry cappuccino with shinny foam and chocolate that can hardly find in town but at Spinelli. Also, once a while I shift to their mocha spin which is great especially during the hot day!!! I dont think you can tell me full characteristics of good coffee but to empower my working-days, as they say Fuel For Thought, Spinelli coffee always experienced me with good smell, good body & taste, nice acidity and cream and especially, the after-taste, my friend!!! I do regularly go there for breakfast and lunch because it is 1 mn from my office (just 20 metres behind) , I meet my friends and guests, I relax myself from busy days and even to surf their fast-internet quite often and of course their is atmosphere!!!, I enjoy with my friends ground floor and upstair for working environment, so you better appreciate their space for us to feel differently. Be positive !!! Their barista greet me well, remember my name and even my large cappucino so by the time I finish ordering and paying; my tasty cappuccino is ready to sip. Finally, I personally expect to see their coming new stores which I wish to be one near my apartment in 6 months so there is nothing to do with your negative 6 months, boss!!! Hi Mr. Ross, Understood about your feeling, but I dont think you are aggressive. So you better keep serving good coffee!!! Well done!!! Hope to see you at Spinelli when you make your trip down since I'm there often and I'll drop you an email to account you provided to Pitou; however, have you got a private email? Regards, Greg
pstam
pstam

Espresso: ECM, SAN MARCO, EURO 2000
Grinder: MAZZER
Vac Pot: YES
Drip: YES
Roaster: YES, HOME STYLE
Posted Sat Jan 21, 2012, 7:14pm

I installed the coffee machines for most of the shops of Spinelli Cafe in Beijing.  While I adjusted the machines and grinders, the coffee made of their beans tasted very poor.  I won't try the coffee made by their own staffs.

Peter in Beijing
-------------------
http://www.kaffa.cn/
-------------------
I am looking for the way and the place to extend our trainning courses.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Pitou

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2012, 4:32pm

Cambodia's largest ex-pat forum review of PP coffee shops:http://khmer440.com/k/2012/01/phnom-penh-coffee-smackdown/
rab1965

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:48pm

Hi Pitou,

Never did get an e-mail from you.

Curious to see you deleted your posts, were you waiting for someone else to defame perhaps?

Woa, Peter I see you are up to 2200 plus posts now, Congratulations,  

BTW Peter Vietnam do produce Arabica coffee over 3000 tons per year,

Next time you import Robusta from Vietnam ask your trader to send you a sample I am sure he will be happy to.

Thanks for your post Greg, Will continue to do what I can from this side, No no aggression from here, but it does makes for some light entertainment though :) Nice break to the day.

Regards
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Cambodia Phnom...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.209560871124)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+