Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Coffee beans in Hong Kong
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Coffee beans in...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
Author Messages
HLing
HLing
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Manual Stone Quern
Roaster: stove top cast iron pan or...
Posted Sat Apr 2, 2011, 1:42am
Subject: Re: Coffee beans in Hong Kong

Thanks I did get a friend to figure out how to use the sealer.  It is indeed a very effective sealer...better than any clumsy chip clip i've seen!

Well, am safe and sound back in NYC now.  Though, even at the airport when i saw "McCafe" it rang a bell, and I got to try their Long Black, which was passable, and I'm sure, will help raise the general expectation of coffee.  

I wanted to thank all of you experts who guided me..as I'm sure I wouldn't have discover what a rich coffee culture Hong Kong has without all the knowledge here!  It's still growing, evidently!  Next time I go I'll definitely come ask for more help!  

Thanks again!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
boblam

Posted Fri Jun 1, 2012, 5:09pm

Congratulation to Fresh/hkcoffee.com, the first Hong Kong homegrown roaster to be rated and published on Ken David's coffeereview.com with an outstanding score of 93 points on its Sumatra Pertama Gayo Fair Trade and 92 points on Ethiopia YirghCheffe Koke Espresso

Some comment
93pt Fresh's Sumatra Permata Gayo Fair Trade
"This is a particular ( and skillfully) light-roasted presentation of the famous coffee type.

92pt Ethiopia Yirghacheffe Koke Espresso
"A fine and versatile interpretation of the precious Yirgacheffe character as single-origin espresso."

Hong Konger now has a chance to admire coffee that was well recognized internationally at their own backyard with purely local effort take it to the world stage!

Again, congratulation!

Click Here (www.coffeereview.com)
 View Profile Link to this post
boblam

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012, 7:22am

Congratulation to caffè HABITU, another Hong Kong roaster to get a high score of 92 points from coffeereview.com on Classico No.3 Espresso Blend

http://www.coffeereview.com/review.cfm?ID=2855

Ken Davids said “…A versatile, complex straight shot that should appeal to a variety of tastes…”

To me, local coffee scene is getting better and I can only hope Fresh/hkcoffee.com and caffè HABITU won’t be the only two Hong Kong roasters to achieve such international recognitions.

Caffe Habitu is an Italian theme cafe you can find around town serving imported Italian bean mainly.  Only some of Caffe Habitu, not all branches, carry this coffee.  AFAIK, one can find this coffee at its Lan Kwai Fong branch in Central district (Central Business District of Hong Kong).

Nevertheless, I hope to see they make this Classico No.3 Espresso Blend more/easier accessible to general public sooner than later.
boblam

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013, 9:51am

Knockbox goes "green"

Knockbox Greens:

Knockbox, the renowned HK cafe pioneering Friday Night Coffee Premier and the leader in hand drip coffee in Hong Kong, in my opinion, now offers a green bean service called "Knockbox Greens".  The service targets home roasters but will also service professional roasters alike.

Jonathan Fan, Knockbox's founding team member and a certified Q-grader, will be at the service in choosing the profile that might suit customer's palate.  Jon will be the one-stop guide to selecting, cupping, and if you want, roasting!  

The bean choice so far are from Ninety Plus and Cup of Excellences which Knockbox determine to be a 'real specialty standards', bring it to the door steps in Hong Kong and I'm sure some arrangement can be made for international customers.

In addition, Knockbox Greens will offer regular cupping sessions for all, free introductory, guided sessions on roasting using its Probat Sample Drums Roaster, allow customers to even roast and taste the product on premise if you care to.

I'm not a home roaster but this, to me, is a good step along the line of the renowned Sweetmarias in the US for this part of the world.  So for those enthusiasts, this is a must stop by if you happen to be in Hong Kong for both green and roasted coffee.
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > Australasia > Coffee beans in...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196672916412)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+