Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Questions and Answers
Brew Pressure Issues
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Brew Pressure...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
qualin
qualin
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto 3
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Elect. Type A
Vac Pot: Looking to buy
Drip: Manual
Roaster: Considering?
Posted Tue Jun 4, 2013, 9:46pm
Subject: Re: Brew Pressure Issues

If you are experiencing what the frustrated guy in the video is experiencing, I would certainly say that it is an equipment problem.

It should never vary pressure like that when it is in the middle of doing a "tough" pull. (ie. A shot which is just choking the machine.)

If you noticed that this behavior is new and it wasn't doing it before, then I'd say that this is an indication that something has failed.

A very fine grind shouldn't matter.. You should be able to pull syrup if you want and the machine should just do it.

Garbage In, Garbage Out, for every step of the process. From Beans to grinder, grounds to machine, coffee to cup.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Billyj66

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Jun 5, 2013, 9:43am

Ok, it seems that you guys are right that it is the equipment and thanks again for the input.  Today Andrew from WLL sent me an email then we spoke on the phone and he is sure that it is an OPV issue - most likely faulty/partially clogged OPV.  just ordered the necessary parts and will update after i have replaced it.  I definitely think Andrew was taking more interest in the issue.

sorry for bouncing back and forth on causes but i think you guys and now WLL have me pointed in the right direction.

stay tuned for update.
thanks,
billy
 View Profile Link to this post
Billyj66

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013, 10:10am

heres my update.  this weekend i finally decided to open up the machine, remove the old opv and install the new one.  after a lengthy discussion with the WLL guy and reading the instructions on the operation i decided i could do it.  what a disaster.  no can do.  also, couldnt put it back together.  so tonight i am taking it UPS and having the pros do it - which is precisely what i should have done to begin with.

Once that gets taken care of i will have to decide if i really want to continue with this obsession.  tough to let go but i could just go out for a really great coffee/espresso.  the guys at Peregrine here in Washington DC are top notch.

After WLL confirms that it is all 100 percent - i may just sell the thing.

I guess if someone is real handy and was willing to reattach the hoses and replace the opv with the new one that i already have you could get a sick deal now but i feel better about spending the money to ship and repair knowing it was 100% perfect.  I'm just saying if someone was willing to take the risk and was confident in their skills i'd let it go on the cheap.

thanks again,

billy
MatP

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Macap MXP
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013, 10:12am

Can't you find someone to do this locally for you? If you already have the parts, sounds like it would be cheaper than shipping the machine.

MatP
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Brew Pressure...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203894853592)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+