Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Questions and Answers
Nespresso?
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Nespresso?  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
sherpakid

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Silvano
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Virtuoso
Drip: Chemex, Aeropress, Clever...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue May 29, 2012, 1:14pm
Subject: Re: Nespresso?

I agree with what others have said here. You should try some samples and see if it works for you. My sister has one and personally, it's not my thing. I find the espresso to be flat, lacking flavor and rather uninteresting. I'd rather take the extra minute to weigh, grind and tamp to make my own espresso.

www.prohibitionspecialtycoffee.com
 View Profile Link to this post
JDHarding
JDHarding
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Ascaso Steel Pro, CBTL...
Grinder: Nuova Simonelli MDX,...
Vac Pot: None
Drip: Hario v60
Roaster: Behmor, Fresh Roast
Posted Tue May 29, 2012, 2:00pm

I wanted the Nespresso machine mainly because I'm tired of weighing, grinding, tamping espresso, and waiting 30 minutes or more for the machine to heat up. I want my espresso immedietly, not 30+ minutes later. And I do this every day. I get sick of it. Some days I just want to stick a capsule in a machine and get an espresso. And honestly it doesn't need to be very good if I'm already planning to add milk to it. It can be substandard espresso with milk added, I don't care. I don't plan to drink the stuff straight. I want the milk drink and I want the quick caffiene.

Also, I already decided to buy the CBTL machine. 8 gram capsules sound good to me compared to Nespresso's 5.5 gram capsules. Although Nespresso is programmable and I don't think the CBTL machine is programmable.

The Video Game Music Place - www.vgmplace.com
The Sonic Corner - www.soniccorner.com
JD Harding . org - www.jdharding.org
carlsilver

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Pavoni Europiccola/La...
Grinder: la Pavoni Jolly/Ascaso i...
Vac Pot: Normax
Drip: Melitta (manual)
Roaster: no
Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 2:08am

JDHarding I am like you. I go for Nespresso when I don't want to bother with all the ritual (weighing, grinding, tamping ...and cleaning!) . And when I go back to "real" espresso I enjoy it still better.
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 10:08am

JDHarding Said:

I wanted the Nespresso machine mainly because I'm tired of weighing, grinding, tamping espresso, and waiting 30 minutes or more for the machine to heat up. I want my espresso immedietly, not 30+ minutes later. And I do this every day. I get sick of it. Some days I just want to stick a capsule in a machine and get an espresso. And honestly it doesn't need to be very good if I'm already planning to add milk to it. It can be substandard espresso with milk added, I don't care. I don't plan to drink the stuff straight. I want the milk drink and I want the quick caffiene.

Also, I already decided to buy the CBTL machine. 8 gram capsules sound good to me compared to Nespresso's 5.5 gram capsules. Although Nespresso is programmable and I don't think the CBTL machine is programmable.

Posted May 29, 2012 link

My Kaldi is adjustable for drop size and temperature - which version did you purchase?

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
JDHarding
JDHarding

Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 12:08pm

I purchased the Americano, which should be programmable. It has a lot more buttons. I like buttons. :)

Dainty

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012, 1:21am

I have both a Nespresso and my Rancilio.

It's easy and convenient and makes it possible for my husband to make me a cup of coffee too (he doesn't drink coffee).

I am a latte or cortado drinker and that works fine.

Of course it's not the same, but it's ok. And it's easy and fast. My main problem with it is the coffee price compared to what you get. It's very expensive (I am in Denmark - maybe its worse here).

Can someone show me the link to the qualified reviews of the coffee? Would love to read it! I haven't been able to find any yet.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 2:10pm

I just came back for a long weekend at a beach house with some close friends (total 8 adults, 2 kids).  I brought Red Bird Espresso, a Baratza Maestro Plus (the "*$$ barista" grinder), and my presspot.  My friend brought his Nespresso.  The dink of choice consensus was my coffee and his frothed milk (for those who wanted milk).  No, not at all convenient, especially as I had to make 2-3 pots each morning and two pots one night, but everyone (including myself) felt the effort was worth the difference in quality.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
JDHarding
JDHarding

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012, 3:42pm

So far I'm enjoying the espresso made by my CBTL single serve machine. I even make shots that I add a little water to and drink straight. True, they're not as good as shots from my espresso machine, especially with really good beans, but it's quick and easy and goes great with milk. No sugar needed. Once the summer is over I'll probably switch back to using my espresso machine, though I'll miss the convenience of the CBTL.

showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Q and A > Nespresso?  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.274953126907)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+