Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Espresso Maker as Milk Frother in the first place
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso Maker...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
AmirPhoto
AmirPhoto
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nespresso U-Milk
Drip: Princess
Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014, 4:44am
Subject: Espresso Maker as Milk Frother in the first place

Hi there, I have read some pages here and not found my answer here.

I managed to buy some U-Milk Nespresso machine. it gives me nice espressos, but the frother is unable to give a real microfoam for latte (as you already know it gives a decent foam for Cappucinos instead).
I decided to buy some espresso machine, my first goal is to froth milk frequently and pull some shots espressos each time I had time to do this.
My facts:
- we drink two or three shots  a day of Nespresso Espresso
- I Love my Moka pot coffee very much and manage to have a coffee twice or three times a week
- I drink much less frequently drip coffee
- My next step after Espresso machine would be a Gaggia MDF for my espressos and moka pot.
- Alas, I can only manage to buy $200-$300 machines which are - as my knowledge let me - thermoblock driven with pressurized portafilters.
- since my first goal is frothing milk and less frequently pull a shot of espresso, its too confusing to choose between low end machines when your goal is steaming at the first place.
- I don't like stove-top steamers
- I won't buy steam espresso makers just because they are good at steaming.

I apologize if I rushed into this topic.

I'm not a Native English writer, so please forgive me if I did wrong on describing something.
 View Profile Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014, 11:42pm
Subject: Re: Espresso Maker as Milk Frother in the first place

IMHO the biggest difference between a cappuccino and a caffè latte is the amount of milk and not the texture of the froth. Unless you want to do latte art, you might as well use your Nespresso frother with your Nespresso coffee.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
AmirPhoto
AmirPhoto

Espresso: Nespresso U-Milk
Drip: Princess
Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014, 11:57pm
Subject: Re: Espresso Maker as Milk Frother in the first place

Thanks for reply.

But as far as I know, the properly frothed milk has foam and microfoam (like wet paint, melted ice cream) at the same time which the latter is used for lattes.

The frother comes with nespresso gives you nice foam plus hot milk only. I do like the foam and use it for espresso machiatto and cappuccino, but no real lattes possible.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Espresso Maker...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.293627977371)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+