Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler for a small office
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 1:28pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler for a small office

boar_d_laze Said:

And perhaps not.  Perhaps I'm a pessimistic fool.

Right by design, right by luck, or right by their happy combination, I wish you only the best for whatever decision you make.

BDL

Posted February 11, 2014 link

Yet another time I am with you BDL.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 1:48pm

Interesting, on my first click.
Built in grinder, check
Auto dosing, check
Auto tamping, check
Programmed drinks, check
Overrideable programming, check
Dual boiler, check
PID control, check
Automatic AND manual frothing, check
EXTRA, auto cleanup!
Under $2K
Better for an office, check

HUH, on my first click on a google search I found a more user friendly and equally equipped machine for the same price.

I guess google was not working this morning.
Interesting.
With quality beans will it be as good as a semi auto machine and stand alone grinder? Likely no but it is easier to use and more consistent than everyone in the office will be and it will be better than the coffee shop down the street.
I guess there ARE other options in the $2K range for offices.
Click Here (www.seattlecoffeegear.com)

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

mcknightp

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: LM 3 Grp
Grinder: Robur, Swift
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 6:07pm

You must be kidding trying to compare that Fully Auto you linked to the Oracle. Clearly the OP wanted to get good quality coffee. Are you trying to assert that the Auto you linked will do that? The Oracle automates to a large degree the most difficult elements people find tough to get right, dose & milk texturing. It doesn't compromise on dose, basket shape/size, Brew Water Temp and you get cafe quality microfoam, automatically, not the bubble bath of the auto you linked.

Cheers, Phil
 View Profile Link to this post
mennamorato

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rocket Cellini Premium Plus...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 6:27pm

Honestly, that machine is piece of junk!!!

I owned the Gaggia equivalent of that machine and immediately returned it.

Produced terrible coffee and was not worth the money at all.
mennamorato

Espresso: Rocket Cellini Premium Plus...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 6:28pm

Are the burrs in the Oracle from a SG?
mcknightp

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: LM 3 Grp
Grinder: Robur, Swift
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 7:39pm

Yes the burrs are from a SG, but in the Oracle they are mounted in an adjustable carrier so you can extend the range of the grind adjustment scale to go coarser or finer as required if you run out of physical range. The burrs used in the SG & the Oracle have been improved recently by requiring the manufacturer to conduct a concentricity test.

Cheers, Phil
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Feb 11, 2014, 8:00pm

mennamorato Said:

Honestly, that machine is piece of junk!!!

I owned the Gaggia equivalent of that machine and immediately returned it.

Produced terrible coffee and was not worth the money at all.

lol well there you go. Yeah I've never been a fan of Superautos, not even the Monza which is expensive and about the best home one you can get without spending thousands. They can make passable coffee, when I say that I mean cups, they all suck for espresso. Doesn't matter if they say boiler this and that, they just all have poor temp stability, grinding, and tamping and dosing and milk steaming. The Oracle seems to solve this pretty much so far from what people have said, I mean your getting sorta the ease of a superauto with the performance of an semi-auto machine. People can complain about the grinder, but that burr set and the extra adjusting they've instilled in it for grind control is better then superautos, even expensive ones use crappy burrs and forget about grind consistancy. Seems like a good pimp slap against the superauto norm.

I mean my friend had a Jury C9 and it sucked. If it was my office, I'd take the Oracle hands down over the Superautos, long as it was small office and not like a machine that will be used 50-100 times a day lol. Plus Breville customer service is 2nd to none, vs having to deal with a machine on contract with a local coffee company /servicer and forced to buy large amounts of crappy stale beans as part of that contract (only way to go with a superauto in this situation)
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014, 8:08am

mcknightp Said:

You must be kidding trying to compare that Fully Auto you linked to the Oracle. Clearly the OP wanted to get good quality coffee. Are you trying to assert that the Auto you linked will do that? The Oracle automates to a large degree the most difficult elements people find tough to get right, dose & milk texturing. It doesn't compromise on dose, basket shape/size, Brew Water Temp and you get cafe quality microfoam, automatically, not the bubble bath of the auto you linked.

Cheers, Phil

I'm sure I would be touchy too, if I had to defend a Breville product.
I'm Sorry.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.

Winnisk

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014, 4:52pm

Despite working for Breville, I don't think that it is Phil who is being the touchy one here. The Oracle does indeed appear to straddle the semi automatic to super automatic class and, as far as I can see, there is not another machine out there that does the same; certainly not the machine that was Googled above.

The Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine creates sea foam out of the milk and then dumps a shot of espresso over top. Nobody would ever mistake it for anything other than a super auto. The Oracle, on the other hand, allows you to pull a traditional shot (after automatically grinding and tamping) that you can then add what looks like very decent, latte art quality, microfoam to the cup. The microfoam is automatically created, but you have control over its parameters and you manually add it to the espresso. If you actually look at the videos of these two machines, it is very obvious that they are not the same, both in classification and ability.

The sarcastic comments above are merely that - sarcastic and not based on fact. They appear to be the touchy comments in this thread to me.
marosmith
marosmith

Espresso: NS Oscar, Silvia V2
Grinder: NS MCF, Baratza Encore
Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014, 11:25pm

Cal's holy war against Breville is starting to get boring.
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.383898019791)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+